🌹TWENTY🍃

Programs
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Crimson

I pucker my lips as I applied the blood-red lipstick onto them. Resting down the lipstick on the dressing table, my makeup looked the way I felt on the inside. Dark with hot anger.

My hair is up with some of the front hiding my face. Maksim walks in from his closet, buttoning up his sleeve. I could feel his eyes on me and I stop what I was doing.

This is how I lived, cowering in fear at the mercy of him. My soul is in constant sorrow and defeat. I am without hope of any rescue.

I wait for him to speak with my eyes cast down to my knees, as I find my black dress. Even though he promised not to beat me without a reason, I was still dangling on a fucking cliff around him.

"The service starts in half an hour so best be getting a move on," he says helping me up from the chair I sat in.
I place my shaky hand in his and his firm grip steadied it.

I inhale sharply as his thumb rubs over the soft flesh of my hand. He proceeds to look at my body from head to toe. Scanning me to make sure I looked the part of the loving wife.

"Well, this is new," he chuckles in amusement at my attire. "What happened to all the bright sunny Sunday dresses?" I keep my head bowed and wait. I was not going to answer him until he gave me the permission to. "That was a question. So, your answer?"

"There is nothing sunny and bright about my days. It is filled with thick darkness." I answer honestly. My head still down towards the floor.

"Embrace the darkness and you just may not be eaten alive." He says, kissing my cheek. Maksim lets my hand go and takes long strides to the door. He opens it and holds it open, his eyes playing with ...pride?

I obey his silent command and walk towards him, going first through the door. His hand locks around my waist as we make our way to the car. And it doesn't leave.

The men still stared at me as though I was their treat. They always look at me like that. And Maksim either doesn't see them or he just ignores them. But when it comes to Judas, he gets jealous to the point of choking me unconscious.

Maksim turns his head from the window he is usually attached to, to look at me. He moves his hand to my thigh and slides it to the inside of it.

Then he suddenly speaks, shocking me with his words "This is my wife and you are not fucking allowed to stare at her." So he did notice.

As soon as the words left his mouth, their eyes avert to other places. They didn't even look at Maksim. Showing him the utmost respect.

The church is way more creepier when it's filled with people than without. The entire feeling of it was dreadful. As to why the inside of a church felt this evil was beyond me.

Sychar and Kisa have been M.I.A since the ritual. But Jasha and Misha are here and they didn't bring them along. They smile and wave at me as we pass them to get to our seats which, of course, is the front row.

As the session begins, Maksim slides his hand into my lap to wrap his fingers around mine. Keeping my head straight, I could feel him staring at me from the side. Then he raises our hands to his lips and kisses the surface of mine.

I look at him and he turns to me with a smile. Did I find the key to his sanity? All I did was change the way I dressed. Now he is gently kissing my hand. Oh, God...He hates everything bright with innocence.

If I remember correctly, this is the reason why my grandfather fell in love with my grandma. She wasn't pure. She was already dark and tinted and that drew him to her like a damn mosquito to blood.

I am so fucking screwed.

Grandma was a superhero to me. Unfortunately, I came out nothing like her. I run from my fears and I bend my knee to fucking survive. She would have rather died with her family than be here as a slave to the enemy.

Auden comes overthrowing my thoughts with her wide toothy smile. I lift her up and hug her. She rests her head on my chest and places her finger into her mouth. I had not seen her in a while too. Since she started school, most of the time she is with her caregiver.

I brush her pretty red hair with my fingers and soon enough her eyes start to close down. Honestly, I did not want her in this godforsaken religion. But her sleep is short lived.

"Let her pay attention." Maksim whispers and he takes her away from me. He puts her on his lap sitting up and facing the stage so that she could fully focus on the Heresy.

I think its time that I put her to bed when it's her bedtime.

"Today we will be adding a new member to our congregation. I call upon Crimson Sokolov to join me on stage." I almost choke on my spit when he calls me by their last name.

New member? Join? I thought that I was just a pawn to be used. I will never be a fucking Sokolov. I feel my blood rush to my face in unadulterated anger. I can't even control what I do next. Something just snapped. I am not controlling my body anymore.

This, this was not me.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I. AM. A. VITCENZO. I WILL NEVER FUCKING BE A SOKOLOV. THIS RELIGION IS NOT OF GOD BUT OF THE FUCKING DEVIL!!!! AND I KNOW EVERYONE HERE IS GOING TO HELL!!!!!!" I scream from the spot I was standing in. Then I begin to move from my seat. "First, you invade my home and kill innocent women and children. Then you kidnap me and use me for a fucking ritual which will never work. What, you believe in this bullshit?! And to top it all off, you curse me with your name. I may be married under this fucking church but I am not, in my mind. So you all could simply fuck off!!!"

My chest is heaving in anger and my skin is hot to the touch. I'm red all over and I could feel stream leaving my ears. I feel something leave my body. This felt like possession. The place is dead silent until the Heresy snaps me out of my trance and then out of shock.

I look at my hands and my natural colour is back. My body temperature goes down drastically. In terms of how high it just was. I look at Maksim and then the Heresy as he speaks.

"SHE HAS BLASPHEMED AGAINST GOD!!!! Your punishment on this day will be one that will be recorded." He shouts and I start to tremble. I don't know what came over me.

"I-I-I-it wasn't me," I whisper.

************

Well then...

R.I.P Mac...✌

The art is not mine

The art is not mine.