[2] House of Dolls

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla and Nina looked a little shocked as Victor came into the room. Neither girl knowing what exactly to say to the man. Thankfully the man had more than enough to shout at them, "What are you playing at?!" he demanded of the pair causing Nina to back up a little in fear, causing her to brush past a box causing it to topple to the floor. Of course, the moment they all heard something smash Victor's focus was more on the thing that smashed than Nina and Camilla. Camilla being glad about that because the new magic panel they had found just stopped glowing then and there. If Victor was like her, he could see the magic also, not that Nina knew that. "look what you've done!" Victor hissed at Nina as he pointed to the box now on the floor. Nina glanced at Camilla, but Victor seemed not to care she was in the room – maybe having Vicky as a magic teacher came with some benefits too. "Both of you, get out!" Victor instructed with a dismissive wave of his hand as he looked at the fallen box. Nina and Camilla didn't need to be told twice, the two rushing from the room until they heard an eery voice causing them both to pause at the bottom step.

"The athenaeum is the place to look, lift the wings to find the book, hidden in this book of old, water of life and tears of gold."

The moment Camilla heard the riddle it took everything in her not to scream a little. They hadn't even started school yet and she could see from the glint in Nina's curious eye they had another mystery unfolding in front of them. Of course, she was in for the ride, but why couldn't she at least have had one normal week at school? Just one. That's all she wanted.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

It wasn't hard to persuade Nina into telling Fabian about what they heard, through a grumpy sleepy glare Camilla made the girl promise her she would. Camilla could do anything, but she refused to go mystery hunting without him.

The female twin's mood lightened as she sat down in her normal seat to see Jerome had made her a cup of tea and her normal breakfast if this is what being next to Jerome meant during meals she could live with it. The first cup of tea down and moving onto the second Camilla was awake enough for the shout's that came before Alfie and Amber wandered into the room.

(Amber had once again gotten a hold of Camilla's uniform and spent the evening before tailoring and tweaking it so Camilla would stand out – 'you've just got to look good Cam, I can't have ugly friends' – so this year her uniform consisted of her shorts once again with the suspenders down by her legs, matched with fishnet tights and knee-high black socks on top of them, her white shirt was matched with the normal school tie and blazer which Amber had let Camilla customised herself that was tradition. Thankfully she didn't add a jumper or anything because the blonde girl knew too well that if Camilla got cold one of the boys would be losing a jumper that day, there was no fighting that.)

"What do you mean you don't remember our arrangement?" Alfie asked the blonde.

"I don't make arrangements with less than 48 hours in advance." Amber explained to the boy, "unless it's spontaneous..." she added with a smile.

"But you promised you'd be my girlfriend last term!" Alfie countered, ignoring the identical smirks his best friends where both trying to hide behind drinks across the table from him, as he turned around to look at the table, "I have witnesses!!"

"I heard it with my own ears," Jerome pipped up after a desperate look from Alfie.

"Same here Ambs..." Camilla added with a smile to her friends.