[41] House of Envy

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

As the mechanical sound stopped the Sibuna's all turned as a shadow fell over them. There handing from a silver threat was a huge metal spider.

"Just remember!" Amber squealed the moment she saw the spider, "if you can't see it, it's not there! It's not real!" she told them all as she covered her eyes with her hands.

"It's not real Amber," Fabian said in an amused tone.

"That's right Fabian! Say it with me!" Amber spoke up thinking someone was with her in believing the spider wasn't there.

Nina and Camilla wandered closer to the metal spider to examine it further. "this is the most amazing spider I've ever seen." Camilla whispered in awe as she walked behind it, grabbing its leg to move the body closer to her and Nina. On its underside, there was writing on the copper belly of the metal beast.

"Guys..." Nina spoke as Camilla moved the spider into the light to reveal the writing, "I think this is what we've been looking for." Fabian walked over and gently unhooked the metal spider as Camilla kept a hold of it. "the spider that fits in the hole in the wall." Nina continued to explain for the other Sibuna's as the twins worked on unhooking it.

"There is something written on here," Camilla pointed to Fabian as she held the spider.

Fabian looked where his sister was pointing and read over her shoulder, "To pass beyond the weaver's throne. Lay her daughters in their home. Move with care through her poisoned loom. The scarlet threat may spell your doom."

"When did death become such a common thing in our lives." Camilla muttered angrily, "last year it was just sneaking around fun, now we have to outmanoeuvre death from all sides."

Camilla was the only one who seemed angry at what Fabian said, everyone else looked to one another with worry. "Spiders weave webs," Patricia spoke up softly, "so is that where her throne room is? The big web in the tunnel."

Fabian took the giant metal spider from Camilla and started to inspect it as Nina and Camilla nodded their heads at Patricia's question. It seemed logical to assume that her throne meant the web many layers under their feet.

"But who are her daughters and where are they?" Amber asked them all from behind Alfie and Patricia. She clearly now knew the spider was fake but she was making sure to keep her distance just in case it somehow magically came to life.

"Okay, we need to go down and check them out, tonight?" Nina told them all.

"Maybe should eh.. sync up our schedules because tonight's Fabian and Joy's Big date!" Alfie teased.

This caused five very different reactions from the Sibuna's around him. Patricia smiled and laughed along with the teasing. Fabian's head shot to Nina who looked hurt at the news. Camilla simply sighed knowing it was going to cause drama and Amber glared at Alfie.

"No," Fabian argued, "its not a date. It's more like a... eh... a miss understanding. We're just going to see that film, that Jasper helped produce when he was away on his dig two years ago. We invited Camilla along so its not a date."

Nina glanced to Camilla hopefully to see the girl scoff at her brother and take the spider off him, "I'm not going sorry, I spend my summers in Egypt and most of my schooling surrounded by it. 3 hours of an Egyptian film is automatic - no thank you from me."

"Yeah, that's not a date at all..." Patricia laughed as Camilla held out the spider leg to her to high five causing even Amber to let out a small smile.