[14] House of Letters

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Nina didn't want to go down to the tunnels until she knew Amber would be okay on her own, and the twins were fine with that. Fabian could tell something was up with Camilla that evening as she joined him in his room, not saying anything but just seeking out his company. Fabian watched his sister as she for once did her homework, he had the feeling that whatever was bugging her was something she didn't quite understand herself. Anyways, he wasn't going to complain about the company especially since Mick left.

The next day the trio ventured into the tunnels, "Where are we?" Nina mumbled as the light of Ra stopped due to the amulets and the trio had time to look around.

Camilla sniffed a wall as Fabian tapped his side with the back of his pen, both turning around to give each other impressed looks at the workmanship, clearly, Robert did this solo or someone would have found it by now. "Hell, I think," Camilla told Nina in answer to her question giving the girl a bright smile until she walked into a cobweb, causing the two with her to laugh. The tunnel was not long but it was spooky and creaked in places in a way that slightly scared Camilla. The only sources of light were the lamps that flickered to light as they passed them, Camilla pausing to look at one to see an engraving of the god Ra next to the Goddess Isis, magical light, a bit on the nose but I got the job done she supposed.

"This place is amazing, I wonder how far it goes," Nina excitedly asked as they reached their next hurdle, it was a small room with nothing but a stone platform in the middle, a wall to their left with a huge hexagon made of triangle shapes (a gap in the middle) and a bookcase. Odd place for books but clearly Robert was a weird man.

"To the 12th level of the Duat probably," Camilla murmured so only Fabian could hear causing him to snigger slightly as he moved to examine the platform before he glanced up at the wall that was blocking their way to the next room and let out a sigh.

"So we've got a door but no key, and a pedestal with nothing on it," Fabian spoke out loud.

"And a bookcase full of books,"

"And a pair of nerds who speak what we all can see out loud." Camilla added causing Fabian to roll his eyes at her, "what? You took me down here on only one cup of tea, you should have expected these results."

"Now what do we do?" Nina asked to bring the attention back to the task at hand before the Rutter's could have a sass off.

Camilla glanced too the bookcase with her brother and Nina, "the bookcase is marked with Thoth, the god of knowledge, and we get knowledge from?"

"The internet?" Camilla suggested with a shrug.

"No, books..." Fabian corrected her.

"Most people get their information from the internet Fabby, right Nina?"

Nina, however, was smiling and seemed to have figured out the clue, which was great cos then maybe they could figure this out and get back upstairs so Camilla could have her second cup of tea before school. "Guys, look at this," she said rushing forward to point to the middle row of books, on the spines the letters, 'REBTRO' could be seen.

"REBTRO...?" Camilla asked confused at what they were looking at.

"which is an anagram for...?" Nina turned to Fabian as he let out a gasp.

"Robert," Fabian answered for her as Camilla used the pedicel as a lean and facepalmed, why was she stuck down in a creepy tunnel with nerds? Don't get her wrong, she loved the nerds but she needed Amber to balance out all this. Nina started to rearrange the books and the moment the books spelt 'ROBERT' the same mechanical click of something was heard causing Camilla to look around the room. Seriously Robert? She had higher standards for these tests than learning how to spell the mans incredibly long name. All of a sudden, the pedestal Camilla had been leaning on started to glow brightly and the girl backed away from it, hands in the air as if to tell her brother and Nina she hadn't touched anything.