[63] House of Tricks

*Unedited*
-------------------------------------------------------

Alfie and Camilla couldn't help the smiles that flashed onto their faces as they glanced to one another. Chaos ringing out around them both.

They had everyone fooled.

Perfect.

They just needed to end with a convincing flourish and they were free to explain to the Sibuna's their plan before any of them murdered them anyway.

"I guess things have gone a bit wrong..." Alfie dramatically gulped as Camilla lifted her heel and bent to grab the bag from the floor in the ladylike way she had been taught. The pieces of the broken amulet dropping to the floor one by one.

Victor was turning a funny shade of red as he glanced at the two trying to contain his anger in front of Gustav. The man in question however burst out laughing – clearly finding the whole thing rather amusing. This caused two very nervous laughs to bubble from Jasper and Mr Sweet as Vera put on a strained smile.

"Victor!" Gustav spoke up with a grin, "you ruined this poor lad's trick, and got tricked because of it!" this caused a new wave of laughter from the boy causing Camilla to send the man a smile. Thank you, Gustav, for giving her and Alfie the excuse they hadn't thought up. Victor was at fault for his own amulet destruction, or that was now what he was to believe.

"Leave us!" Victor screamed waving at the two in the centre of the room, and Alfie didn't need to be told twice as he held out his arm for Camilla – as Fabian had taught him all those years ago when the residents of the house found out about the twin's titles and demanded posh lessons (it was part of the reason Jerome and Alfie always offered their arm to Camilla when walking. the girl was a lady and deserved to be treated as such) – and the two hurried from the room. The handkerchief still tightly gripped in Camilla's hands.

Camilla wasn't sure what excuses the other's made but soon the rest of the Sibuna's had hunted down Camilla and Alfie in the girl's bedroom – none of them surprised the first thing Camilla had done was take off her shoes and put on her UGG boot slippers – which totally clashed with her dress but Amber knew there was way pressing matters to deal with than the current fashion disaster.

"Alfie! Camilla!" a furious sounding Nina screamed as she watched the pair high fiving one another with huge grins on their faces. The two turning to face the row of angry Sibuna's not even looking worried.

"Nina!" Camilla mocked causing a laugh from Alfie who stood next to her as the pair looked over the group who were trying very hard to look scary and only Patricia was really succeeding in the pair's minds.

"you guys ruined our only chance at getting through that hidden door!" Nina dramatically yelled, not appreciating that Camilla – of all people – wasn't taking the tasks seriously anymore.

"Gods, what's the matter, Nina?" Alfie asked calmly looking at the American girl, "I thought with Camilla on our side you'd believe in magic by this point in the term," with that he tucked a strand of hair behind Camilla's ear and pulled the intact amulet out of his sleeve for the Sibuna's to see.

The four Sibuna's faces all went from looks of anger to ones of surprise causing Camilla to let out a giggle.

"Guys...why did you do that?" Amber asked in awe.

Fabian racing over to his sister and grabbed her into a hug, spinning her in a circle. "you guys are brilliant! I knew you wouldn't have let us down; I just knew it."

As Fabian put Camilla back down on her feet Alfie smiled at her before explaining their plan to their friends, "well I knew I couldn't simply do a standard disappearing trick, Victor would always assume we had it."