[29] House of Help

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Amber looked at her new 'tattoo' on her ankle in fear, watching as Camilla loaded her wrist with bracelets after she proved to Amber with her own 'tattoo' that cancelier did nothing and because it was magic it just shine through the makeup.

"I'm not sure who I'm more scared off," Amber said to her roommates as they dressed for school, Camilla pulling black knee-high socks up over her fishnet tights before slipping on boots with heels on them. "this spirit or my dad." This caused Camilla to laugh as she had met Amber's dad and he didn't seem too scary to her. Though that could be because it was Parents' Day.

Nina was panicking though she did admit that an ankle wasn't too bad a place for the mark to be socks could hide it Camilla's wrist was one of the main worries; it was harder to hide. The American girl rushed over to Amber with her box of socks in her hands, "here, these will cover it..."

Amber looked in the box with more disgust, she'd rather show off the tattoo than try to mix and match stripy and neon socks. "Okay... so I just have to wear long socks for the rest of daddy's life? That will look great around the pool."

Nina sat down on the bed with a sigh, she knew the comment wasn't meant to be one of malice, it was just Amber talking, "I'm so sorry Amber, I didn't want this for you..." Nina then looked at Camilla who was leaning on the end of Amber's bed. She had been hard on Camilla over the last few days. Taking much of her anger on Fabian out on the twin who had done more than anyone could have asked her including saving Nina's life. "you too Cam, I didn't want this for you."

"I'm destined to protect you Nim, anything dangerous you get yourself into you know I've always got you're back," Camilla told her with a smile. Nina knowing, she had read between the lines and had accepted her apology.

"It's okay," Amber reassured the American girl, "I was with you anyway, now I'm just really with you," she joked causing a smile to creep onto Nina's face.

Before any of the girls could say anything more Patricia burst into the room – still in her PJ's – rolling up her dressing gown to reveal the Mark of Anubis on her wrist.

"What do you call this?" Patricia demanded.

"Membership?" Amber offered pointing too her mark then at Camilla's.

"Hey, Twinsies!" Camilla pushed up bracelets to show Patricia her mark on her wrist too.

"You guys too?" Patricia asked in worry, "who else?" she asked Nina.

Before Nina could reply Alfie burst into the room, tie hanging loose around his neck his shirt on but his PJ bottoms still on, "I am freaking out!" he told them all, "I just required a tattoo overnight!" he turned to lift the bottom of his trouser leg revealing the Mark of Anubis on his thigh. "I'm too young. It's illegal, and if I had the choice, I would have gone for some fire breathing dragon!" he listed off in a panic.

"not my name?" Amber asked genuinely hurt he didn't consider it.

"We broke up!" he told her in a high-pitched voice clearly this argument with Amber was not one he needed right now.

"Does this mean we're cursed?" Patricia looked to Nina, "are our lives at risk too?" she demanded wanting to know answers.

Nina glanced away as Fabian wandered into the room, clearly, he heard Alfie's sprint up the stairs and wanted to know what it was all about. He glanced down as Alfie showed him the mark, "So you've met the spirit?" he said to the newly tattooed Sibuna's.