[40] House of Wires

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla awoke from her nap to see Victor was still pottering around the Lab, talking to himself and Corbierre who the man had placed on the coffee table to watch over the young protector whilst she slept. Nothing was said by the two as Camilla watched Victor gather his stuff once he noticed she was awake. As she picked up Corbierre she noticed the letters she had handed Victor were gone from it. Camilla could only hope Sibuna had had a better afternoon than her. 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Thankfully Sibuna had had a better afternoon, from the excited squeal Amber gave the girl as she wandered into their bedroom. "Where have you been!?" Amber demanded grabbing Camilla arm and dragging her to the floor where the Sibuna's bar Patricia were all sat. still in school uniform so clearly, they had all just got back in from school.

"I was...Magic class?" Camilla offered causing them all to look at her disbelievingly but no one pushed the girl thankfully. "what's happened?"

"Nina found a clue!" Amber told Camilla.

"but she also had a visit from our favourite annoying spirit," Alfie added as Camilla sat down between Amber and her brother.

"What?" Camilla glanced to Nina in worry who smiled at her.

"the dollhouse had a clue and when I turned around, she was standing right behind me, it's like she knew you weren't around or something."

"So, she basically told you to hurry?" Alfie asked Nina, "right? Or else..."

"pretty much..." Nina nodded before glancing back around at them all, "but she was really angry. Angry like you wouldn't believe."

"that could be because last time we saw her, I did set her on fire. I don't know about you guys but I'd be pretty pissed if someone did that to me," Camilla offered as an explanation causing Alfie and Fabian to laugh a little.

"She said," Nina paused to think over her words, "the Raven is poised to swoop."

"And you think it means...Victor?" Fabian softly asked looking to Nina.

"Victor didn't have the amulet, Jerome did," Amber countered. Camilla believed Victor was on their side and that was enough for Amber to believe it too.

Nina sighed and shook her head, "that's what I don't understand," the American girl explained.

"Did she say anything else?" Fabian asked curiously.

"she said this ruler may be forgotten but she will not be ignored." Nina quoted from her memory causing the twins to look to one another. A forgotten Ruler? Why did that sound familiar to them somehow?

"We would get the Spirit with self-esteem issues," Alfie muttered out loud causing a laugh from Nina and Amber, causing them to miss the glances being shared between the twins.

"Forgotten Ruler -" Fabian mumbled to Camilla who nodded her head as if she understood what he was saying.

"But where do we know it?" she asked quietly, causing Fabian to groan. That was going to annoy them both until they remembered.

Nina glanced between the pair having a jumbled conversation that only the two seemed to be following 100% and decided to bring the twins back to the topic at hand, "So, found anything with the clue Fabian?" she asked causing the male to look from his sister to Nina in confusion before he computed her words.