[26] House of Payback

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"FABIAN!" Camilla shouted as she watched her brother teeter on the edge of the chasm. Thankfully her shout had been enough of a warning for them all to pull back the beam enough to cause Fabian to lean back and Patricia grabbed his arm and pulled him to safety.

Panting they all looked at one another. This pushing method wasn't going to work not without them either losing the beam itself or losing a member of Sibuna.

"Hey, don't worry guys," Nina spoke up looking at them all, as Fabian reassured Camilla that he was fine, "we'll figure something out. We'll practice and get it next time. We're Sibuna right?" Amber nodded and Patricia looked hopeful, "Sibuna."

"Sibuna." They all repeated. Camilla's eyes on Fabian who was still looking at the Chasm in fear. Clearly and understandably he was shaken.

Fabian stayed back with Camilla as they all headed back to Roberts old office at the start of the tunnels. Amber and Alfie getting into an argument about her hair or something and Nina was trying to calm them down. That was until they all heard noises and Patricia hissed at them all to shut up. Slowly Nina crept forward to look through the peephole that showed the cellar. The girl let out a quiet gasp, and the twins looked at one another as they had an idea of what she saw. Victor had found the combination lock on the door and it was only a matter of time before he knew the numbers that granted him access to the room.

Nina looked back at them with a sigh of relief, the man must have left, "coast is clear." She told them causing them all to instantly relax – they were now pros at sneaking up to their bedrooms from the cellar so that part was not something they were worried about.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla and Amber came out of Math's class and the blonde marched the pair straight to Alfie and Jerome. "Alfie, be a dear and hold this for me," Amber proceed to hand the boy her school bag, "I don't like it touching the floor," she explained simply at his confused look before she turned on her heel to go to the bathroom, leaving Camilla with Alfie and Jerome. Alfie watched Amber go looking bewildered as he now held her school bag. Jerome letting out a laugh as Camilla took the bag from Alfie who almost instantly dropped it to the floor, swinging it onto her shoulder with ease.

"Do you guys think Amber and I are compatible?" Alfie asked slowly as he gave Camilla a grateful smile.

"I don't think anyone is compatible with Amber," Jerome told him instantly, "except Amber."

"Maybe we're opposite ends of the batterie," Alfie mumbled.

"They do say opposites attract," Camilla told him, "I think she doesn't fully see you as a boyfriend yet... give it time Alf," Jerome let out a laugh and moved on down the hallway, Camilla watching Mara wait until he was away from the pair before running after him to talk to him. Whereas Camilla stayed with Alfie, it was easier to wait just for Amber.

Camilla's eyes followed Mara; she was curious to know what the pair were whispering about but she knew if it was important Jerome would tell her.

Amber walked out of the bathroom, with now freshly applied lipstick, cocking her head as she noticed Camilla had her bag but didn't say anything as she took the bag off her before looping her arm in Camilla's and the two girls headed off down the corridor.

"Amber! I want to break up!" Alfie called from behind them.

Camilla's eyes widening as the blonde turned both herself and Camilla around to face Alfie with such ease it was slightly scary. "No." was all she said simply.