[28] House of Impasse

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

They were ready to take on the pendulums.

Each of them had crossed their makeshift bridge with everyone jumping in rhythm 4 times, once even with the bench turned so, they only had the narrow underside to cross with to make it more realistic (Alfie wasn't too happy when Camilla suggested this idea).

"I can't get that..." Amber started to loudly but slowly beatbox the rhythm Alfie had been beatboxing all day as the Sibuna's watched Nina put the code into the fake door, "out of my head."

"That's a good thing, Amber," Nina reassured the girl as they all slipped past her and into Roberts secret study.

"You do realise there is an actual band called Pendulum?" Patricia told Camilla showing the girl her phone in excitement. Camilla was slightly glad she didn't sleep in the same room as Patricia as she looked down at the cover art of a metal band she had never heard of. When Patricia found a new band, she liked she blasted their music pretty much 24/7.

It was Fabian who brought the conversation between the Sibuna's too a halt with his question of, "Where's the bookcase?"

Almost as if he knew or for dramatic effect – in Anubis house everything was possible – the bookcase swung round to reveal Victor causing the Sibuna's to look at him with shock.

They had just been caught. Or so they thought.

After a few seconds the chime from Robert that Camilla, Nina and Fabian all heard rang out around the room. "to those who've trespassed where they do not belong. The beacon of light is your warning song," Camilla put her hand to her amulet of Isis that hung around her neck as she glanced to Fabian his eyes widening in realisation at his sister's actions. Because she now wore Isis's amulet the symbol of the protector, Victor was vulnerable and he wasn't shielded by the light which meant he now was blinded for 24 hours. "Your eyes shall not see. All shall be dark. Until Ra completes his blazing ark,"

Fabian turned to Nina and waved his hand across his eyes to indicate to her that Victor couldn't see. Nina nodded the passed the message around as silently as she could. Victor had started to move at this point causing the Sibuna's and him to pay an impossible game of blind man's buff, all of them as silently as they could trying to stop him from touching them. Until Fabian finally pulled Nina out of harm's way and pushed the button to cause the door into the cellar to open, Victor stumbling out.

The moment the door was free it was Camilla, who had hidden behind a lamp to avoid Victor's hands, that broke the silence, "That's going to be fun tomorrow." 

Fabian smiled and looked out the peephole and gave the nod that it was all clear causing the rest of the Sibuna's to let out sighs of relief, Patricia holding her hand out to help Camilla climb over the desk and back to them. Neither girl sure of how she had managed to get so stuck in the corner. 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

It was kind of agreed that it was way too risky to do anything that night, they had to figure out what was going on with Victor and how the hell he'd found his way into the secret study. Camilla was acutely aware of Fabian's gaze as they reached the kitchen, but she was in the dark as the rest of the Sibuna's.

"It's fine! I'm fine! Please don't fuss," Victor spoke.

"Let me look at your eyes," Vera said, Camilla (on all fours) seeing the woman guide the man onto one of the living room couches from the kitchen door.