[86] House of Stakes

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to be brave like Cam..."

Fabian let out a groan as he watched the blonde take a deep breath before stepping forward on the square Joy had told her to do. All of them waiting for the Jackals to move to decide the fate of the girls who shared a square together.

With a scream the two girls on the square found themselves thrust into the darkness below leaving Joy looking devastated as Fabian shouted after the girls knowing there was nothing he could do at that current moment. "NO!"

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Nina looked to Alfie who was still sat next to a clearly dying Camilla as they heard screams growing nearer and nearer. "What...??" Alfie questioned but before Nina could even guess Patricia and Amber dropped into their room. Clearly, they had both been taken by a Jackal during the game.

"Alfie!!!" Amber screamed the moment she got to her feet the boy scrambling to his feet and gathering the girl into his arms. He was very glad to see her at that moment.

"I've missed you too Ambs." He mumbled into her shoulder allowing himself a moment of happiness before he went back to worrying about Camilla.

Patricia rushed to Nina and hugged her before looking to Camilla who was curled up on boxes looking worse than they had ever seen her. Amber let out a small scream before rushing to her best friends' side, pushing some hair from her head as she blinked back tears.

"What's wrong with her?!" Patricia demanded of Nina as she watched Alfie take his place by Camilla taking her hand again as Amber fussed over the girl from the opposite side.

Nina bit her lip before answering, "She agreed to have her magic sapped so the game would be easier... If we don't win then goodbye Camilla."

"WHAT?!" both girls shouted before looking to Camilla as she let out a whimper of pain.

Nina and Alfie simply nodded their heads sadly. Amber got to her feet to give Nina a hug pulling back with a disgusted look on her face, "Nim I say this with love but you really need a shower..."

"honestly it is something I am so looking forward too once I get out of here..." Nina told the girl before she looked to Camilla, "once we all get out of here."

Patricia smiled at Nina and put an arm around her, "Well surprise! The Calvary is here! we have everything under control... really! For sure!"

Nina glanced to Alfie to see he wasn't paying much attention to Patricia anymore muttering to Camilla she needed to keep her eyes open, she couldn't give up on them now. Patricia's words gave Nina a little hope but she just wished she could tell Fabian to hurry up with his game because she didn't know how long left Camilla could keep fighting. The girl was fading and fast.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The moment the two girls fell out of sight Joy scrambled down from the throne to look at Fabian, the hand around her phone shaking in fear. She knew they had to complete the task but how could she do it knowing she had lost two of her friends in doing so. "What's the point of asking for my help if you're not going to listen to me?!" she asked Fabian. In the shock of losing her friends, she knew she was turning on him.

Fabian was more than happy to let out his frustrations back looking to the girl, "I got it wrong okay!" he shouted at her.

"Wrong?!" Joy scoffed looking at him in amazement and disbelief, "Fabian, this isn't chess. If we make a mistake someone falls through the floor!"