[56] House of Snoops

*Unedited*
-------------------------------------------------------

"Miss Williamson," Victor turned to 'Patricia' as Vera finished the bag search for the other Sibuna's, noting the way she was clutching her bag to her, "open your bag please."

            The Sibuna's waited with bated breath as they expected they were going to be caught any second now with the Ox Bell...

Just after they had completed the task too.

'Patricia' hugged her bag to her as Vera and Victor rounded on her. Like two vultures circling their pray. Camilla taking the opportunity to study the girl, there was something off about her. What she was wearing, how she held herself... something that screamed not Patricia, though it only seemed to be obvious to herself and Fabian. Maybe all the summers of digs had taught them to subconsciously look for the smallest details because some of the biggest discoveries their families had found came from some of the smallest things.

The two took the bag of 'Patricia' both of them searching it but to the amazement of the Sibuna's when they looked up, they had disappointed looks on their faces. The Ox Bell wasn't in the bag like they had thought, or set up (which seemed more likely from the small strop Vera seemed to be having.)

"this is impossible!" Victor muttered, looking around the room at the group to see Camilla grinning which caused the man to roll his eyes. He should have known better than to try a simple set up with someone like Camilla there. She had Jerome had the two most devious minds on campus, of course, they should have double checked before pouncing.

Vera, however, was throwing out everything from 'Patricia's' bag, causing a right mess, as if somehow under all the papers the bell would appear, when she finished, she glanced at Victor to see the man looking to Camilla. The moment the woman made eye contact with the teenager Camilla waved her fingers at her. She had no clue what happened but she was more than happy to gloat this over the two adults. Taking a lot of joy from the dark look that fluttered across Vera's face. Both women at that moment knowing they had made enemies of one another.

"please, eh," Mr Sweet spoke up looking around the room at his students, "accept my apologies, we seem to have been acting on...unreliable information..." Mr Sweet glanced to Vera with an unimpressed look, causing the Victor and herself to leave. "now back to the joy's of Biology,"

This caused Alfie to groan slightly from between the twins, "I thought you liked biology?" Fabian asked as Amber and Nina rushed over to 'Patricia' to help her gather her stuff.

"Yes, but Sweetie has fastened all four legs of my chair to the ground so I can't swing back on it anymore," Alfie explained with a shrug as they joined the huddle of students leaving the room, ignoring the twin's laughter at his words.

"You are amazing!" Nina whispered to 'Patricia' as she and Amber joined up with the trio leaving the room.

"What just happened there?" Fabian asked as Nina fell into step with him, Amber taking Camilla's arm as she, Camilla and Alfie walked behind Fabiana.

"I don't know, but I think Victor's after more than a missing bell," Nina commented.

Camilla bit her tongue; they had just had a victory in the tunnels she didn't need to start yet another fight when it came to who really was the bad guy of their story. Victor wasn't it, Camilla just wished she had a way to show that to the Sibuna's.

"Do you think it was him who planted the bell in Fabian's room?" Amber asked them.

Fabian glancing to his sister to see her shaking her head causing a bemused smile to cross his face slightly, he knew of her 'Victor isn't a bad guy' thoughts better than anyone, he believed her because it was Camilla she wouldn't think it for no reason, he just wished Victor would show it to more than just Camilla sometimes.