[75] House of Reflectors

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla was curled up on her bed shivering despite the hot water bottle to her chest and the multiple blankets over her, her head on Amber's lap. Sickly pale but other than that she was fine for the most part. After coming back from the hospital Camilla had not done well, she had raced up the stairs to the girl's toilet to be sick in and couldn't keep any solids down. Nina, Fabian and Camilla knew this was due to the fact the girl had given Nina's gran some of her energy to fight the power, apparently, that meant the girl had taken on the old woman's sickness as a response.

Amber pushed some hair from Camilla's pale face, worry gracing her own as Patricia and Nina watched on from the end of the bed. Nina had filled the Sibuna's in on Camilla's act and they couldn't help but all hope it was worth it to see Camilla suffering – not that the girl would say otherwise - Nina and Fabian had also filled them in on their 'timepiece' realisation when it came to Nina's gran.

"I can't believe it," Amber whispered as Nina finished the explanation.

"you mean, the 'timepiece' is... granny Martin?" Patricia whispered in shock.

"Camilla's helped a bit but..." Nina trailed off as she glanced at the sick girl once again.

Camilla gave the three a small smile, "I can handle some pain in order for your gran to heal," she told Nina.

"Guy's she's been hexed," Nina explained to the pair, "just like us. How did Senkhara even get to her?"

"she's a magical Egyptian spirit Nim..." Camilla weakly spoke up, "the fact we didn't think of it sooner is the question we should be asking."

Nina, however, ignored the girl's weak sassy response in her hysteria, "I don't even know how long she's been cursed for, she started getting sick when she was staying here!"

"We all know Senkhara's one mean spirit lady," Amber told Nina as Patricia pulled the girl in for a side hug.

"Now we've failed the constellation test... it's game over for all of us, all because of me!" Nina cried out slightly.

Before any of the Sibuna girls could say anything there was a knock on their bedroom door and Joy came into the room with another hot water bottle and a cup of tea. "Vera asked me to take these up to Cam..." she whispered slightly as she walked to the bed where Amber was helping Camilla sit up. The female twin gratefully taking the cup of hot tea from Joy.

Joy went to leave but hung back, before turning to Nina. "Hey..."

"it's not a good time for this..." Amber spoke up warningly, as she pulled the blanket more securely around Camilla who was using her as a lean as she sat up.

"yeah..." Joy softly spoke looking to Camilla who nodded her head encouragingly, clearly, the girl was trying to apologise. Joy took a deep breath before looking to Nina, "Well I just wanted to say sorry... for the Jackal Anonymous thing. I guess it was a slow news day."

"it's fine Joy," Nina told the girl, glad she had come to apologise at least. "you were right, maybe I wasn't taking enough care of my grandmother."

"Nim, admit to nothing," Amber told her American friend before she turned to look to Joy. Camilla was too weak to be their defender right now so the blonde girl was taking up that job right now, "Joy if you have something to say to anyone you should have the courage to say it to our faces! Not write it on a website pretending someone else!"

"XoXo Gossip Girl at Anum Academy..." Camilla spoke up quietly, but they all heard her in the silence that had fallen after Amber's shout.

"exactly! If anyone in this room should be embarrassed, it is you!" Amber continued.