[33] House of Dead-Ends

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla looked from Fabian to Nina as they stood in the hallway smiling at one another, "We did it!" Nina whispered holding out the amulets.

"Why did you go alone?" Fabian hissed to Camilla.

"I...I wanted to prove I could be trusted," Camilla whispered looking at her hands, "sometimes I feel like I'm less a Sibuna and more just a bodyguard. I needed to prove that I can be trusted."

Camilla didn't look up but Fabian looked to Nina expectantly. This all steamed from Nina's lack in trust of Camilla not with her life but with small things like the Amulets and the guilty look the crossed onto her face as Camilla spoke was enough to show she realised that. Nina was so angry Camilla was keeping secrets from her that she had used that anger and caused the girl to doubt her place in Sibuna.

"Cam..." Nina said unsure of what to say to comfort her, but the girl shook her head and gave them a sad smile.

"I know, it was stupid. I'll prove my place one day."

"You are a Sibuna Cam," Fabian told her firmly but he knew his sister and he knew she didn't believe him.

"Let's get to bed," Nina whispered.

"Yeah..." Fabian said as Nina walked around them about to open the door before he interrupted her, "Oh Nina!" he stopped her from going into the room, "about before," Camilla instantly tried to blend into the wall or something because she felt like she was part of a very personal conversation she didn't need to be apart of. "it was just..."

"What?"

"what? When we were falling asleep, I was talking, well muttering really..."

"Nope must have missed that... I was pretty sleepy..." Camilla could see the lie so easily as Nina brushed her hair back behind her ears. The girl was pretending not to have heard Fabian say he missed them as a couple, but Camilla didn't know why. "was it important?" that was why. She wanted to see if it was a sleep-induced feeling or if it was genuine and Camilla only wished Hathor would come down herself and guide Fabian because she knew her brother's response wouldn't be the one the girl wanted.

"No! no, no, no... " Fabian mumbled flashing a fake smile at Nina, causing Camilla to roll her eyes to much she actually bashed the back of her head against the wall. "Crazy nonsense, probably..."

"Well," Nina said in a forced polite tone, "I'm going to give the other's their amulets back," Nina looked down at the pile and handing Fabian his amulet, "Night Fabian," she said to him with a smile, before turning and slipping back into the girl's bedroom.

Fabian turned round to see his sister rubbing the back of her head. "You are an idiot," Camilla told him.

"I'm an idiot," Fabian whispered softly. Camilla grabbed his arm and rubbed it comfortingly before opening the door herself and dragging him inside. It was 3 am, everyone else was snoring in their room Fabian may as well join them in the sleepover happening. 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The next morning the Sibuna's all raced to get dressed and ready for school, Victor was still snoring in his office as they passed but they all knew the moment he realised the amulets where gone he'd also know it was them who stole them back.

"Is Victor still asleep?" Fabian asked as the girls met him and Alfie at the bottom of the stairs.

"Sleeping like a baby," Patricia laughed.