[79] House of Phantoms

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"CAMILLA!!!!"

Fabian's screech was one none of the Sibuna's had ever heard from the boy. It was raw, emotional and heart-breaking and they all knew why, within seconds the boy lost his sister, his twin, to the dark depths of the unknown.

"NO!" Patricia's scream was raw as she clocked onto what had happened looking to the space Camilla once occupied where Nina now stood safe. They had lost their trump card. Their magic-user. Their Camilla.

Fabian let out a scream as hot angry tears spilled down his face. He should have known his sister would do something like that, but how where they meant to continue on without her.

"Where did she go?" Amber asked tears streaming down her face too as her voice cracked. "Cam?! Cam!!"

"Camilla can you hear us?!" Patricia screamed to the spot.

"Fabian..." in a soft tone Nina turned looking horrified and looked around to Fabian as he put his head in his hands. There was a rawness to his grief like the pain was an open wound for the world to see. He was clasping onto the arm of the thrown in his free hand for support as his whole body shook. The sobs were stifled at first, as he attempted to hide the pain but Nina could tell with their shouts, he was overcome by the true wave of emotions causing him to break down entirely, all defences he was trying to put up washed away in salty tears.

He finally looked up at her and to Nina, he was a picture of grief, loss and devastation. Fabian looked like someone who had suffered through something unimaginable and didn't know how he was to move on from there.

The American girl went to open her mouth, to apologise to say something. This was her fault. Camilla had taken her place. It should have been her to go into that hole.

No words came out.

Fabian's jaw clenched a little and as soon as Nina had seen his vulnerability, the shutters that the Rutter twins had perfectly crafted over their years with their parents came down, his emotions walled off behind a mask of coping. He would just wear it until everything was right again because he didn't know any other way.

"Where is she?!" Amber sounded like she was on the brink of breaking down. "can I get off-board?"

"I don't know..." Patricia told the girl softly wiping at her face.

"Fabian?" Nina spoke again causing the boy to look around at his friends. The mask there though the ever-flowing tears down his face weren't stopping.

"What have I done?" Fabian muttered to himself running a hand through his hair, he was looking around but it was clear he couldn't see them. "why did you do that?"

"Look Fabian this isn't your fault." Nina tried to calm the boy down, as she too wiped tears from her face, turning to see Alfie holding his hand out to Amber who was gripping onto it, her legs shaking as if she was about to collapse in sobs at any second and Alfie was her only anchor keeping her afloat.

"Yea," Patricia agreed with the girl calling to the boy, "just focus and tell us what to do."

"Alright..." Fabian's voice was thick and quiet, full of sorrow and pain, but as he looked over them, they could tell this time he was seeing them this time.

The boy clocked eyes with Amber and the girl bit her lip as she suppressed a sob, looking to him for strength and answers because he was her closest link to Camilla at this point. Camilla was Amber's best friend, surrogate sister. The two were as close as two people could be and had planned a whole life ahead of them where they'd forever be in each other's lives, all for it to be snuffed in seconds.