[18] House of Divides

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla glanced at her watch once again, she was almost done wearing the stupid cheer uniform, she just had the last bit of the school day to go. She had found Fabian who instantly told her about the cube being missing, which meant Nina wasn't happy, then the run-in with Joy which caused Camilla to groan, until Fabian muttered, "that's not the worst part..."

"there is a worst part?" Camilla asked as she mentally tried to figure out how to clean up Fabian's mess without offending Joy or Nina.

"I found the cube,"

"that's not bad information."

"Uncle Jasper had it."

"No, No.. No...I don't want Jasper to be a bad guy... you don't think he stole the cube thingy do you?" Camilla asked instantly, causing Fabian to sigh before he handed over the cube to Camilla.

"I don't know, I hope not." He murmured as he felt Camilla's head lean onto his shoulder and he wrapped an arm around her reassuringly. There was one thing he could count on no matter what and that was his sister. They where the one constant in each other's lives they knew would never change.

Before either of them could say anything, Camilla heard her name being called down the corridor, causing both Rutter's to look down it to see Eddie beckoning them. "Jerome must be about to start," Camilla smiled, throwing the cube into the air and whispering, "Preitori Speculo" causing the box to go translucent. It wasn't invisible if you knew where to look but to someone looking at a glance you wouldn't see it. Camilla then put it into her bag and handed it to Fabian who smiled at her, before the two went running into the student lounge to see Jerome on the stage with Alfie and three huge buckets of Carrots.

"LADY CAMILLA!" Alfie screamed the moment she and Fabian came skidding into the room, "WE NEED YOU!" Camilla rushed to the stage as Fabian joined the crowd to watch Jerome eat 3 Gallons of mushy carrots.

"I thought you were going to miss it," Jerome said nervously as Camilla crouched by him looking at him with worry.

"like hell," Camilla told him reassuringly, "I'm team Jerome all the way, I even bet on you succeeding,"

Jerome smiled at her clearly needing to hear words of encouragement before he glanced up at Alfie who was massaging his shoulders, "You did check that eating all this cream carrot won't kill me right?" he asked nervously.

"Yeah," Alfie nodded, "it can't kill you. It could poison you though..." he added as if it was an afterthought causing Camilla and Jerome to look at him sharply with worry.

"I'm sorry, what?" they said in unison causing Alfie to give them a look. When did they become that in sync they spoke as one?

"it's called carotenosis, you don't die you just turn orange." Alfie said simply, "it's good right?"

"How is that in any way good?" Jerome demanded.

"well if scientists have bothered to give it a proper medical name, then they probably developed a cure for it." Alfie explained slowly as if talking to a child, before adding, "but don't worry if anything bad happens we always have Camilla on hand... she can do magic I'm sure she knows healing spells."

Jerome looked to Camilla who sent him a reassuring smile causing him to smile back and look at the audience, missing the look Camilla gave Alfie. He was really thinking way to highly of her magical abilities. She could lock doors and make things float... she didn't think she was at the level of healing people yet!