[80] House of Surrender

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere under the depths of Amun Academy, The Protector, Camilla-Anne Rutter groaned loudly as she woke up. A hand going to her head as she sat up from the cold dusty ground, she had found herself found on.  The room she found herself in looked like it once was some kind of storage room, with boxes piled up in two of the corners. There was no exit to be seen with the walls bare bar the small hole Camilla clearly had slid out of from the task and a handprint like button on the wall next to it. The only light came from small vents in the ceiling.

"well at least there is oxygen coming in," Camilla groaned as she looked around. It wasn't the worst place she'd ever found herself in – some digs with her family she'd literally were caves that might have collapsed at any moment that they had to be lifted up and down into on a makeshift bucket seat.

As the girl got to her feet, she glanced around the room seeing nothing but that meant nothing when it came to Robert Frobisher-Smythe. The man had tricks up his sleeve for days and this too could be tricked also. "Can whatever god is here to kill me, just get it over with?" She called out to the room.

"I'm not here to kill you," the words came from a familiar but not familiar voice at the same time. Camilla turned as a bright light blue light came from behind her and her eyes widened as she saw the ghostly figure of Victor Rodenmaar Sr. the man was sat on one of the boxes in the corner and looked back at her with a curious expression as he spoke his eyes widening as he saw the amulet of Isis that had come loose knowing instantly who she was and the future in store for the girl, "and I think it's safe to say the gods don't plan on killing you, young Mage."

Camilla tilted her head at his words, kind of reassured that death wasn't an option on the table for her, "this is some test. A trial of Roberts?" she looked around the room angrily, "Oi! I'm not some damsel in distress, you know. I'm not the girl who gets rescued."

Her shouts caused a chuckle to come from the man in the corner, "I must say its reassuring to see someone so young not panicking about the predicament they are in."

"What do you mean?" Camilla asked the man crossing her arms.

"There is no way out," he told her simply.

"Okay Victor Senior," she sassed causing the man to raise his eyebrows at her knowledge of who he was, "I have one thing the great Robert Frobisher-Smythe couldn't possibly have imagined."

"hmm, and what is that now?"

"a big brother and a kick-ass team who won't stop until I am found." She said simply with a shrug causing the man to laugh and gesture to the box next to him, Camilla smiling slightly glad of the company as she crossed her legs and settled down to talk to him.

"So, you know of my little Victor," Victor Rodenmaar Sr spoke as he looked at the girl to watch her reaction to his sons' name.

A smile graced Camilla's face at the man's name and her whole demeanour changed into one of relaxation, causing the ghostly man to look at her oddly. It wasn't a reaction he had expected, "I know Vicky well, he decided to take on the stress of training me up in magic. Wait, Victor said one day you just disappeared... is this, did you get trapped here?" Camilla asked the man softly.

"yes, now I am dead as a doorknob my dear, yes..." Victor Senor told her looking away from the girls' sympathetic gaze.

"wait I'm not dead am I?" Camilla questioned quickly holding her hands out showing the man The Ring of The Protector on her right hand causing his mouth to twitch up. This meant the Chosen One had resurfaced again. The Protector and the Chosen One, their triangle of three was almost complete – but the question was; were they the destined three to help form the great dynasty with the future Pharaoh as he once assumed little Sarah, Rufus and Victor once did.