[39] House of Double-Cross

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Okay," Nina said as she, Amber and Camilla wandered the halls of the school after Geography holding their binders to them. The three girls never thought there would be a day that the fact one of them was blind would be the least of their worries, but here they were, "So we have a poisonous web, three hooks and a spider-shaped hole thing." Nina listed off on her fingers.

"Here I was hoping this task would be about mermaids or baking," Amber added with a smile causing the girls on either side of her to laugh.

As they walked past Poppy came around the corner with some of her friends, "Hey Popsicle, how'd the English Shakespeare test go?" Camilla smiled at her little sister causing the girl to turn to the older students with a grin. Camilla had all but given her the answers at the start of the week for the test because Mrs Andrews loved Romeo and Juliet to bits and Camilla knew the areas the teacher would ask questions

"Hey Cam, honestly I think it might be the easiest test I've done so far," Poppy said with a wink to her 'big sister' causing Camilla to grin.

"WHOA!" Amber spoke up before either girl could keep talking, "Stop there, what is that?!"

Both Poppy and Camilla looked to what Amber was pointing too. Around Poppy's neck was the amulet that Patricia had lost. "Oh..." Poppy seemed nervous as all three girls looked shocked to see the necklace, "eh, this is nothing." She tried to lie.

"You are worse than your brother at lying," Camilla said instantly, her tone turning serious as she held out her hand towards her 'little sister', "Popsicle, please give me the necklace. It belongs to one of our friends."

Poppy looked a little confronted at Camilla's switch in tone. She was used to happy smiling Camilla but now she was seeing the one Jerome talked about in fear. This was a no-nonsense girl, "Well clearly she doesn't care for it as Jerome gave it to me."  The girl argued back with her older sister causing Camilla to scoff, like that was a likely story, the boy still grumbled about the fact Poppy had visits to see their dad she hardly believed he was that much of a big brother he gave her gifts now (that weren't pranks of course), "what do you care about this necklace anyway?"

"I'm under no obligation to make sense to you," Camilla told the smaller Clarke simply crossing her arms.

Before either girl could say anything more, Amber had grabbed Camilla's arm and Nina's and marched them down the corridor having spotted Jerome talking with Alfie down by their lockers.

Poppy shook her head in confusion and walked off – she would never understand the Anubis house seniors.

As Amber had her grip on the two girls Camilla was more than happy to be the one to forcefully grab Jerome and pull him along with them so the four of them could have a nice little private chat. "What?!" Jerome seemed confused as the 3 girls pulled him into the small corridor that they kept the sports display case in.

As they let go of Jerome the boy looked at them all. The three girls were looking at him angrily, though the only one he was genuinely scared of was the smallest one who he knew could do magic. "Have you three started a strange girls acting strangely club? Because right now it's going very well!"

"First off; What a pathetic name for a club," Camilla spoke without thinking causing Jerome to smile slightly at her comment before Amber elbowed her and a serious look fell onto her face as she fell silent.

Amber spoke up, "Poppy is wearing a necklace around her neck."

"Seems logical Amber," Jerome said trying not to laugh at the sentence, "that is where you wear them. Continue." Jerome turned to look at Nina knowing there was more to the story.