[36] House of Keepers

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Projects are due in tomorrow! Please no excuses" Mrs Andrew's spoke from her desk as the bell rang, causing Amber to look at Camilla with a smile. Their Much Ado About Nothing project was them discussing how the themes within the play would still work within a modern audience, and how using technology it could be further emphasised. The two had spent a lot of work on the thing and they were very proud of it. "And Alfie, Jerome," the teacher called as they all started to gather their bags and put their things away, "We all know you don't have a dog, so that particular excuse won't fly."

Camilla turned to the pair behind them and whispered, "You do have a goose though, how is Gwen doing?" she asked with an innocent smile causing Jerome to roll his eyes at her as he swung his bag over his shoulder.

"How goose does fly," Alfie added to Camilla's joke causing the girl to grin.

"Why Gwen?" Jerome asked Camilla in confusion.

"Simple, I used Gary already on a goat..." she told them before she moved off to see what the Sibuna's where discussing.

As she reached them Joy pulled Fabian away with a mutter of buddy time. "What's our Egyptian challenge for today?" Camilla asked as Fabian disappeared from view with Joy.

"It's school like normal then more web practice for us all bar Patricia," Amber explained to her friend.

"That's depressingly new," Camilla muttered

"Wanna swap for detention date with El Victor," Patricia asked her friend as they left the room causing Camilla to shake her head with an amused smile, she had enough allotted Victor time as it was. As they were leaving the room Trudy came in giving them all a beaming smile before approaching Mrs Andrews the two women having a whispered but serious looking conversation. 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla wandered into Jerome and Alfie's room after class to see the two boys staring at the goose that had made it's self rather comfortable on Jerome's bed. The two boys turned around as Camilla wandered in before their eyes went back on the goose.

"Nothing yet?" Camilla asked as she leaned on the back of Jerome's chair.

Alfie shook his head before he looked at the goose, "He is kind of cute isn't he?"

"He? I thought it was a she?" Camilla asked causing the two to glance at the goose and deciding against checking who was correct on the gender.

"All I see," Jerome bitterly spoke as he glared at the bird, "is a feathery gem eater. Mocking me with its exceptional bowel control."

"Usually, in your experience, how often do Geese... go?" Camilla asked the boys the hint of amusement in her tone not missed by either of them.

Jerome sighed and looked up at her with an annoyed look before glancing back at the bird, "All I know is, inside that bird is something I need, and sooner or later, nature... and gravity will work their sweet magic. If only I knew a way to make it happen faster," he told the pair.

"I do, I ordered it off the internet!" Alfie excitedly told them both.

"Ordered What?" his two friends said together with confused glances at him.

"Ruff-Ruffs pet lax; It should arrive today," Alfie told them with confidence, causing Camilla to thank that the Lewis's stopped looking at Alfie's bank details years ago. "Full of Roughage, to help dogs get... things... moving..." he explained to them both, "Feathered or furred, the process is basically the same." Alfie shrugged.