[37] House of Hacks

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Patricia and Camilla were on their hands and knees in the flower bed's searching for her amulet but they could find nothing. The two girls even ran up and down the grass where Patricia and Eddie had been playing 'Football' but neither girl could see anything.

"Come on Trish," Camilla said with a sigh, "we have to go back, there is nothing here."

"what am I going to do? Can't you just magic it or something?" Patricia asked softly, the despair was heard in her voice.

"Sorry I've not got to that point of spell casting 101 Trish," Camilla joked until she saw the hopeful look on Patricia's face fall, "We'll figure something out, I promise," Camilla told her reassuringly as they walked back to Anubis house.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

As the two girls wandered into the house, they saw people running from the living room. Clearly Victor had given the all okay to the house to back to their rooms. The two girls wandered into the living room just as Alfie and Jerome rushed out, Victor dismissing them with a; "Enough Lewis." Victor then turned to the girls, "Ah! There will also be grave consequences for those of you who chose to ignore Vera's instructions to remain in here," this caused Camilla to scoff loudly and cross her arms looking bored as Victor spoke. She had a funny feeling about Vera, something felt odd about her so why should she follow the woman's instructions. Victor, of course, ignored Camilla's actions – he knew the basic idea of Camilla's feelings for Vera but the girl hadn't explained herself as to why she felt that way to him - and kept talking, "starting with you two. Miss Williamson and Miss Rutter."

Before he could demand anything from the two girls who were looking up at him bored Vera chimed in, "I think they've all been cooped up for long enough Victor." There was something in her tone which caused Camilla to look at her suspiciously. Maybe it was because she saw the adults whispering before but something now felt rather odd about the sudden room search.

Victor looked at the woman before glancing at the two girls in front of him, "Very well," Camilla and Patricia looked up at the man in surprise, everyone in the room hearing the annoyance in his tone that he couldn't give the girls toothbrushes to clean the toilets with. Vera smiled at him and the adults left the room.

Camilla sat down at the table next to Nina as Patricia wandered over to where Eddie and Fabian were sat talking.

"I see the way you look at him," Camilla casually told Nina as she made herself comfortable at the top seat, feet going onto the table as she leaned back. Nina kept glancing up at Fabian and smiling before going back to her work. Though at Camilla's words she looked at Camilla in surprise, "it's the same way I look at pizza," she explained causing Amber to quietly laugh behind her magazine. Now Camilla had joined them she had someone to talk too. "plus, I also know," Camilla spoke not letting Nina talk as she picked up Ambers bright pink pen with a round fluffy end and pointing the fluff ball at Nina as if it was a wand, "that you heard what my brother said the other night. The real question is... what's holding you back from 'Fabiana'?"

Nina looked between Amber who had an expectant look on her face to Camilla who was still pointing the pen at her and knew she was cornered. The American girl let out a sigh and lowered her voice, "honestly, I'm scared..." Nina said to the two, "what I feel for Fabian... it consumes me in a way I've never felt before. If I let him in, then he is in more danger than he already is in."

"Of course, you feel like that," Amber told the girl, grabbing her hand before sending her a smile, "Because Fabian is your epic love."

Nina seemed confused and Camilla decided to add to Amber's wise words, "Nim, you fell in love with your best friend, the one person who accepts you at your worst, who laughs at all your jokes. The person who knows you better than you know yourself." She whispered causing the American to smile and nod her head, "I would kill to spend the rest of my life with that person."