[8] House of Nightmares

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ascendit fumus Lucius Annaeus Seneca! Ascendit fumus Lucius Annaeus Seneca!" Camilla hissed as she glanced at the door, the small ball of smoke gathering in her hand as she, Nina, Amber and Fabian all turned just as Victor burst into the room. Camilla making sure to keep her hands behind her and just hoping Victor didn't notice the slight smokey haze that surrounded them all.

Victor looked over them all with his scrutinising gaze before he spoke, "you are well aware of the rules Mr Rutter," he told Fabian with a sneer. "no boys in the girl's rooms after 10 O'clock, except..."

"Except for family emergencies." Fabian finished for him, Victor's sneer curling up even more at the boy's words.

Camilla and Amber looked at one another with a small smile, they both knew Victor still despised the exception the twins had enforced to the rules when they where 12 but their family had money and the twins sometimes needed each other. Or more like Camilla needed Fabian especially when they first moved to the school.

"Get to your room immediately!" Victor shouted at Fabian who glanced to Nina and then Camilla and Amber before rushing from the room.

Victor then looked around and sniffed the air, "where is that smoke coming from?" he demanded of the girls who all stayed silent as the man looked around. "Well?" he asked them, thankfully they where all saved from answering by Nina's gran who wandered in with a smile.

"Oh?" she asked as she took in the scene before looking down at her watch, "am I late for my bedtime? Sorry Victor" she asked the man jokingly. Victor wasn't impressed but he knew he couldn't ask the girls any more questions with the older woman there so turned on his heel and stalked from the room. Nina and Amber sent her grins before turning to uncover the doll's house, whereas Camilla backed up until she was at her bed before thrusting her hand with the smoke in it out of the open window and watching the Smokey ball drop and dissipate in the air. turning round to give Nina and Amber a bright smile, all of them looking relieved as Nina's Gran settled into bed. She hadn't noticed the magic usage and she had gotten them out of an awkward encounter with Victor.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The next morning Camilla sat on her bed, a cup of tea in hand, with a look of amusement on her face as she watched Fabian struggle to close Nina's Gran's suitcase.

"How the head this morning Gran?" Nina asked as Fabian glanced at Camilla with pleading eyes for her to come and help him.

"Hmm, yeah, little better." Nina's gran said as she took her coat off Nina, "must be the excitement. London here I come!" Nina couldn't help but laugh at this as she and her gran hugged.

"Sigillum Clausas" Camilla muttered using the two's distraction to help her brother out a little, moving her hand as if she was gathering energy from the air before pointing it to the suitcase. Fabian and Camilla watched as small orange in coloured sparkles danced across the room to the zipper before zipping it the last of the way up with ease.

"Finally!" Fabian exclaimed looking to Camilla with an exasperated look. His sister had been watching him struggle for almost a full 30 minutes, hell she had even gone downstairs to make herself tea so she could watch his struggle in comfort. Though it took them a second both twins realised that Fabian's exclaimed happened at the wrong time, making it sound as if he was grateful Nina's gran was leaving. Fabian turned to the two Americans in the room with them and sent them an apologetic smile, "oh, I finally got this shut!" he stuttered an explanation.