[53] House of Heists

*Unedited*
-------------------------------------------------------

Fabian came rushing back into the girl's bedroom, noticing his sister had changed out her tiger onezy into her normal pj's and was sat on the floor by Amber's feet getting her hair put it to two pleats, Amber muttering something about a hairstyle in the morning. Nina laughing at the pair as every time Camilla went to talk to her Amber forcefully moved her head back to look straight ahead.

"You won't believe it!" Fabian started slamming the door shut, before pausing as the girls all glanced his way.

"Are you okay?" Nina asked getting to her feet. Amber finishing off Camilla's hair quickly, watching as the female twin jumped up and checked on Alfie who was still sleeping soundly. Once she knew Fabian's outburst hadn't woken the boy – the last thing they needed the next day was a grumpy 9-year-old on their hands – Camilla focused on her brother and the news he had.

"hmm?" Fabian asked looking at them all confused why they had turned around to look at him.

"What's wrong?" Nina asked in a whisper, having watched Camilla look over Alfie.

Fabian gasped opening his mouth but nothing came out, clearly, he had already forgotten.

"Okay, eh," Nina focused her attention on Fabian, "try really hard. What was it?" she all but begged the boy.

Fabian let out an apologetic sigh, "I don't know," he told her, "I don't know... I do remember it was massively important," he turned to look at Amber and Camilla, glad to see the smile on Camilla's face which contrasted with the looks of annoyance that Amber and Nina were failing on hiding. At least Camilla wasn't annoyed at him for forgetting. She had his back.

"Okay, try really really hard to remember," Nina all but begged him. "What was it?"

Fabian dropped his head into his hands as nothing came to his mind. He hated letting down the team in such a huge way.

"Never mind," Nina told him comfortingly, putting a hand on his arm and rubbing it gently, Fabian giving her a grateful smile, "unless it helps us with the song of Hathor, it can't be that big a deal."

"Senkhara's been around for a zillion years, right?" Amber pipped up, causing them all to glance to her. "she might know it."

"She wants us to complete the task, maybe this time she helps us?" Camilla added having cottoned onto what the blonde was suggesting slightly before Nina and Fabian did.

"that's not actually as crazy as it sounds," Fabian pipped up, knowing that if Camilla was okay with the idea and she was the group's protector, it couldn't be all bad. Fabian looked at Nina to see her looking at him with a pointed look. "Is it? Is it?" Fabian quickly glanced away looking from Amber to Camilla trying to get one of them to back him up.

"What? No! no no!" Nina adamantly refused to even think of it as an idea. "NO!" She told them all.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Nina refused to even think about Amber's idea and the two girls knew that it take a lot more pushing. Camilla had been given the time off she had asked from Victor but that did involve her doing extra work for her classes.

So in order to do so, she needed to pick up some books from the library, but kid Alfie in a library was a chaos she could foresee and thankfully Jerome was easily talked into babysitting the boy for her while she ran over to the library.

"You are my hero," Camilla told Jerome once again with a smile, "be good for uncle J, squirt. I'll be as quick as I can."

That departing message had been over half an hour ago, and Jerome was still sat on his bed watching the young boy unsure of what he was meant to do exactly.