[3] House of Spirits

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

As Camilla and Jerome emerged from the boy's room to see if Dinner was close to being ready they weren't sure what they expected as they wandered through to the kitchen, the fact the whole room was covered in flower and other baking things was not one of those expectations. Normally if Trudy was supervising the kitchen didn't get too messy but she was supervising an Alfie who was determined to impress Amber.

"Oh I am so proud of you," Alfie murmured to the cupcakes and it didn't take much more than a glance for the two to decide it was probably safer for them to sit in the living room.

Jerome made stayed by the kitchen window informing Alfie he had bought the flowers as the boy asked and to see if he could steal a cupcake Camilla wandered down to the couches as Fabian and Nina came through.

"They are talking about the elixir," Nina whispered to Fabian, smiling at Camilla as they sat down on the couch, Camilla taking the arm of the chair. The 'they' the two were talking about didn't take much of a guess for Camilla to figure out – clearly, it was Victor and one of his cult members probably. "Victor obviously hasn't hung up his evil boots yet."

Fabian glanced to Camilla as Nina spoke about Victor being evil, his sister's mouth frowned a little, but she remained silent. Fabian knew his sister's stance on the man not being evil not truly, he could be misguided but he wasn't evil. Neither Rutter could argue with Nina however as no one knew who the girl's magic teacher was apart from Fabian, hell only Fabian and Amber – because of one wrong email, thanks to Annabeth Rutter's inpatients to get the laptop off her daughter – knew she was taking magic classes.

Fabian turned back to Nina, "well, you heard what Sweetie said, they don't have the recipe and the cup was destroyed." This time it was Nina's turn to share a look with Camilla. Camilla rolling her eyes dramatically at her American friend. Nina had promised she would tell Fabian about the cup, why hadn't she already.

"Nina, you promised me..." Camilla warned the girl, Camilla refused to go through any dramatic mystery without Fabian and if Nina wasn't going to tell her brother Camilla would.

Fabian looked between the two girl's confusion clearly etched onto his face.

Nina tried to hold Camilla's stare, but Camilla was more stubborn, and Nina had to look away. "about that..." Nina started slowly causing Fabian to look her way.

Of course, they were interrupted as Amber came into the room with a smile. Taking a deep sniff of the air before turning to the kitchen area, where Trudy and Alfie where frantically trying to cover up the surprise cupcakes for Amber "what is that amazing smell?" she asked, "something smells nice," Amber told Alfie who was stood by a food processor, Jerome sitting down at the dining table to watch the chaos he knew was to happen.

"Yeah, I'm eh... helping Trudy cook supper," Alfie told Amber.

Camilla didn't need to see her face to know a worried expression instantly flitted onto it, "after last time?" Amber instantly asked. "no one's forgotten marshmallow meat surprise..." she added, worry clearly heard in her voice, causing Nina, Fabian, Jerome and Camilla to glance to one another with smiles. Amber seemed to pull a face before she turned on her heel and wandered over too where Nina, Fabian and Camilla were all sat. Of course, before she reached them Alfie had an 'Alfie' moment in the kitchen where he turned on the blender without putting the lid on causing the liquid to go flying.

"Alfie!" Trudy screamed rushing over to switch the blender off before handing him a towel to start mopping up his mess.

"Sarah would know what to do," Nina mumbled turning the conversation back to what they were discussing before – aka Victor and his hunt for immortality. "I wish I could make myself dream about her again."