[89] House of the Chosen

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Nina carefully removed the Mask from its pedestal, turning around to look at the empty chamber behind her and her friends.

"Senkhara!" she yelled out into the room knowing the spirit would be able to hear her. "I have the Mask. Come and get it!"

From across the board, the spirit appeared with her normal menacing laugh.

Joy let out an involuntary yelp as she finally saw the spirit, they had all been dealing with. Her noise was ignored as the spirit glided across the chamber, looking hungrily at the Mask.

"how come we can all see Senkhara now?" Amber whispered to Nina as she glanced at the spirit in fear. Normally she only saw the woman in her dreams knowing she could see the woman live in-person made things even spookier for her.

Nina let out a sigh, "Senkhara is getting what she wants," the American explained her eyes not leaving the spirit, "she doesn't care who sees her now."

Senkhara stood in front of the group and the three girls couldn't help but notice her smile was chilling. It didn't reach the woman's eyes and made them all feel like she was a predator who had cornered her prey and those three were the prey. "finally," she breathed looking down at the mask in Nina's hands, "it is mine!" Her smile dropped as a glare crossed her features instead as she looked up from the mask to The Chosen One who was holding it. "Now put it on." She ordered.

Nina took a step back her eyes widening, "what?!"

Senkhara repeated herself darkly, "Put it on!"

"Don't put it on," Joy whispered, shuddering slightly. The whole vibe she was getting from the conversation being wrong.

"Why does she want you to put it on?!" Amber cried out slightly. She knew deep down if Nina put it on something bad would happen to Nina. Where was Camilla to protect them when they needed her?

Nina glanced between the girls before looking to the looming spirit. With shaking hands, she raised the mask towards her face.

As if Amber's silent prayers to the gods the twins loved so much had been answered The Rutters came flying into the chamber.

"STOP!" Camilla cried out as Fabian called for Nina.

"Do not listen to them!" Senkhara thundered turning to glare at the twins who had caused her to much trouble in the year.

"oh shove off spirit bitch!" Camilla turned to her holding out her palm which they could all salt particles, "or do you want another dosing of fire?"

This caused the spirits to widen and she moved away from the pair slightly, enough so Fabian could rush to Nina and Camilla could rush in front of Joy and Amber both of whom were more than happy to have the girl as a shield from the spirit.

Fabian grabbed Nina's arm gently causing the American girl to look away from the spirit for the first time, knowing Camilla could keep her at bay for a while, but not for long now the mask was in touching distance for her.

"Senkhara needs a human body to transport her to the afterlife," Fabian explained to the girl trying to keep his voice calm and level, "she can't put on the Mask herself because she is a spirit, so she's planning to use you!"

Camilla looked to Nina, "if you put that thing on, we lose you forever."

"What?!" Amber gasped horrified.

"so don't put on that mask," Fabian ordered.

"put it on...." The spirit whispered knowing there was one thing the bond of old couldn't do, it couldn't stop someone's choice. The Chosen One was foolish enough to choose to wear the mask for the lives of her friends.