[6] House of Faces

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla thought Nina was being a little dramatic. It wasn't her Vs Victor it was her Vs whatever this spirit was that had cursed her. Camilla still swore that Victor wasn't evil, he might be a bad guy sometimes but when the time came for him to choose he always would pick the good choice – taking him giving up racing after Rufus last year to help Alfie. Of course, Camilla didn't voice any of these thoughts as she knew they would go in one ear and out the other with Nina who was very keen on seeing the world in black and white not the shades of grey it really was. 

Of course, no one said anything about what Nina said for the rest of that night, in fact, Camilla and Fabian poured over the booklet they had been given to see if they recognised any of the artefacts and spending some quality time reminiscing about the ones they remember actually being there when their parents found them. Camilla bringing back a memory Fabian clearly had forgotten as they found a tiara from someone who worshipped the boy king found by their mother, that was the trip they all found out the hard way Camels didn't like Fabian no matter how much he tried to get along with them.

Breakfast the next day Camilla was helping Nina and Trudy with breakfast – by that she was making the hot drinks for everyone because though she was a better cook than her boys she still wasn't the best cook.

"Eggs sunny side up?" Nina asked her gran as the woman sat down at the dining table causing the elderly woman to smile at her granddaughter.

Camilla had just placed a large jug of orange juice on the table, the end furthest from Patricia when Fabian grabbed her arm and pulled her back through to the kitchen clearly needing to talk to Nina about their find. Why he could ask her she didn't know but she knew better than to fight with him over it.

"morning," Fabian whispered to Nina who smiled at the sight of Camilla's exasperated face at being pulled by Fabian and Fabian's excitement. "so we were looking through this last night, for a bit of fun see if we recognised anything," Fabian started once he let go of Camilla and held up the booklet, "you will not believe what we found!" with that, he flipped to the page whilst Camilla picked up her tea and watched – she knew the discovery already.

Nina's look of shock was almost identical to the one Fabian and Camilla had when they stumbled upon the picture too. Apparently, a replica of the Mask of Anubis was in the exhibition.

"The Mask of Anubis?!" Nina whispered in shock, looking up at the twins.

"It's a replica," Camilla corrected using her teacup to point to the book.

"But you'll never guess who made it," Fabian added for his sister.

Nina glanced back down at the book and read the description, "bronze replica of the golden mask of Anubis, artist, Louisa Frobisher-Smythe." Nina smiled, "Sarah's Mom?" 

 "What is that?" Victor's voice caused the three teens to look around at the back-kitchen door where he had just walked in from.

"Oh," Fabian started flipping shut the booklet and showing the man the cover, " its an exhibition catalogue, Mr Sweet gave it to me to research the bid."

Camilla wasn't the only one who knew what the man was going to do before he did it. Victor plucked the booklet from Fabian's hands with ease, "give it to me." He muttered before he flicked through the pages, stopping as he realised the teens were still watching him. Snapping it shut and walking out the room with it under his arm.

"Ah!" Fabian tried to think of something to stop him but failing miserably. "I'll need it back..." he replied weakly to the retreating form of the caretaker who took no notice of him. Fabian then turned to the two girls with a whispered hiss, "that was the only copy! Why did I let him take it?" he glanced to Camilla to see her opening her mouth and quickly kept talking not wanting to hear what she had to say about him growing a backbone, "your gran is right." He sighed to Nina, "I'm just a total pushover!" with that he ran from the room, Nina went to run after him but was stopped by Camilla.