[73] House of Freeze

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

"Fabian... have you read the school website today?" Camilla asked her brother with worry causing the boy's brows to furrow in confusion. What on the school website had Camilla so worked up?

Camilla glanced to the table to see Joy sit herself down with a book in her hands, from the way the girl was innocently acting something caused Camilla to feel she had some involvement but she couldn't be sure. Just in case she grabbed Fabian's arm and dragged him to the couch's handing him her laptop as the pair sat down.

Fabian's eyes flitted across the screen as he soaked in the words a look of horror crossing his face as he read the bitter take down of Nina shared for the world to see. Since when did Jack Jackal go from being an informative site to being gossip girl – a show he still couldn't believe he'd seen in full (Thanks to Amber and Camilla).

Before the twins could do more than exchange a look, once Fabian finished reading, a tearful Nina came rushing into the living room. Seeing the open laptop on Fabian's knee and grabbing it from him before sitting down on an armchair the tears freely flowing as she read the article the pair had just finished.

The girl's movements and distressed appearance caused Amber, Patricia and Alfie to rush over to the small group.

"what did Sweetie want to talk to you about?" Fabian softly asked getting to his feet and moving to sit on the arm chair, pulling Nina into a side hug as she read the article over with her own eyes.

"What's going on?" Amber whispered to Camilla who was watching Nina as the girl looked up and glared to Joy, who thankfully knew to leave the room. Camilla pulled her phone out and handed it to Amber the Jack Jackal page up for her to read.

"A certain American student, who we presume is wholesome as apple pie, but when she spends so much time cutting class you have to ask is, she really worthy of her scholarship. If she spent as much time caring for her sick gran in hospital as she did running around campus, why doesn't she fly the old lady home. " Amber trailed off in horror after just the opening sentence, Alfie and Patricia mirroring her looks as they all turned to Nina.

"Nina that is horrible," Fabian informed the girl.

"way harsh." Amber agreed as she locked Camilla's phone and put it behind her on the table. She didn't want to read anything more.

"XoXo Gossip Girl has arrived at Amun Academy." Camilla bitterly added as she leant forward and closed her laptop, taking it from Nina. It would do more harm than good for the girl to stare at it.

Nina leant into Fabian's comforting touch as she wiped the tears from her face looking at the friends that surrounded her. At least she had them fighting for her, no matter what the article would do to her reputation in the school. "Mr Sweet had some questions about the whole cutting class part..." she told them quietly.

"Who would write that about you?" Alfie asked in shock.

"I do have a hunch, maybe..." the girl looked up to see Amber and Camilla looking to one another and knew they had the same hunch as she did.

"you mean Joy." Amber said as the girl trailed off.

"this isnt Joy," Patricia defended.

"yeah, yeah – no way." Fabian added, "Joy would never stoop that low."

"you don't know how people will react until they are backed into a corner." Camilla muttered though they all heard her causing Fabian to shoot her a look, "what? You have to admit it is a little suspect Fabby."