[12] House of Goodbyes

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla and Amber had forgotten about the agreement to search the secret room with Fabian and Nina. The two girls were tucked up in Amber's bed, with green face masks on and the end of the last harry potter playing on Amber's laptop when Nina excitedly burst into the room talking about a secret door she had found in the room. Though her excitement diminished when Camilla asked how they got through to the room. Clearly, that hadn't been figured out just yet. At least they had a small victory of finding the tunnels, it would get Nina to stop moaning about how impossible everything was – they weren't looking for cup pieces they were literally trying to outsmart Thee top Egyptologist of all time - Robert Frobisher Smyth. The man had hidden the mask for a reason it wasn't going to be easy to get it back.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Breakfast the next day they ran over everything as Sibuna, "So we found our hidden tunnel system," Nina started the moment it was just the four of them, "it's behind the bookshelf."

"So, we knock down the bookshelf and storm ahead!" Camilla sarcastically commented through a mouthful of toast.

"I'm sure there is a more subtle way Cam," Fabian disapprovingly told her causing her to pull a face at him which he was more than happy to copy, causing smiles on Nina and Amber's faces. "we need to find a way to trigger its opening," Fabian spoke after a few seconds of pulling a face at his sister, "so I was thinking we go back down there later tonight?"

The girls nodded just as the rest of their house came sleepily into the dining room.

"Woah!" Jerome laughed as he took in the sight of the breakfast table. Trudy had gone all out due to the fact it was Mick's last day, everything the boy had even mentioned loving was on the table. "Trudy? How many people are actually leaving?!" he asked jokingly as he slipped into what was now his seat next to Camilla. With the whole Amfie thing he and Alfie seemed to have swapped though neither were complaining much about it. Alfie got to sit next to his hot girlfriend and Jerome... well, he wasn't going to complain about sitting next to Camilla. Even if it came with a notebook on how to make her the perfect cup of tea – something Alfie had presented to him on their first day back.

Trudy smiled sadly at the boy as she wandered from the kitchen with yet another pile of toast – Camilla had eaten most of the stuff on the table already – "well..." she said as she looked around at them all, "Mick isn't the only one..." this caused all the Anubis housemates to stop what they were doing and look at her. "I've been offered a job," she told them all, "Assistant curator at the exhibition!" Camilla could hear the excitement in her voice and unlike some people (Alfie who did a spit take and the look on Amber's face telling the girl she wasn't happy) Camilla couldn't be more excited for Trudy. If she was working at the exhibition then it wasn't like they were never going to see her again, they could all still go seek her out for advice or hugs when they needed her, but the woman was having an adventure of her own.

"That's amazing Trudy!" Camilla smiled at the woman.

"Congratulations!" Nina smiled at her too.

"First Mick now you..." Amber bitterly said, "since when did everyone get so selfish." They all knew Amber didn't mean those words but the girl just couldn't quite say what she wanted to say about how upset she was Trudy wasn't going to be in the house anymore. Last year Trudy's leaving hit Amber hardest and clearly the thought of going through that again was not something Amber wanted to do. "I need you, Trudy!" Amber told the woman honestly.