[52] House of Laments

*Unedited*
-------------------------------------------------------

"Alfie...." Camilla whispered as the child looked up at her confused, grabbing her hand as she knelt beside him. Camilla's expression caused Nina to rush over and the girl let out a gasp too, Camilla looking to her friend unsure how they were going to get this passed Joy who was still stood in the room.

The 5/6-year-old Alfie (Camilla wasn't too sure) stood up, still clutching at Camilla's hand as he looked around in shock.

"Who is that?" Joy asked as she looked shocked at seeing the literal child at the back of the classroom wearing an oversized shirt and tie.

Fabian let out a nervous noise as he tried to think up a lie, along with the rest of them, "Eh, it's it's..." Nina spoke up, "it's Alfie's little brother... he's only visiting." She told Joy the rest of them smiling confidently at the lie and nodding their heads.

Knowing they needed to get little Alfie out of the room and quickly, Camilla grabbed his bag and directed the boy to the front of the room.

"why is he dressed like that?" Joy asked.

"that look is so on-trend for pre-tweens, you know nothing." Amber quickly spoke up as Nina and Fabian gathered their things along with Camilla's following the girl who was rushing the child Alfie from the room.

"W-we should be... getting him back to the house..." Fabian quickly said ushering Nina and Amber from the room before he to all but ran after his sister.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Little Alfie it was decided was staying with the girls until they could find out a way to get past the task or find another solution to turning him back to his normal size. Camilla had stolen a few clothes from the younger schools lost and found so they could dress Alfie properly.

Patricia had been talking to Eddie, Camilla hoping the two were arranging the date that they so desperately needed when they snuck Alfie into the house, the four teens not so subtly racing up the stairs with the smaller boy.

"Don't ask," Amber told the girl who was clutching her iPad to her looking at them all in confusion. "Oh, you can't ask, that's good."

"Amber!" Camilla hissed from the top of the stairs.

"Coming!" the girl shouted, turning and racing up the stairs Patricia on her heels.

"I didn't like being 9 the first time around," Alfie told them all with a sigh as Camilla pulled him into the girl's bedroom, causing Camilla to pull a face because she had been thinking he was like 6 this whole time.

"Go change kiddo," Camilla smiled reassuringly at the boy trying not to show how freaked out she was about the whole thing.

"This is insane!" Nina said watching as Alfie took the clothes Camilla had stolen and slunk behind a folding-screen Camilla had pulled open. Mr Millington had bought her two it in a deep dark blue colour that matched her bedding as a way to split up the room so the girls could feel like they had their own space but they never used them.

As she looked around, she saw Patricia holding up her iPad the words 'Alfie??' displayed, causing them all to make head nods telling her that the small child was in fact, Alfie.

"What are we going to do about him?" Fabian asked in a blind panic.

"I don't know." Nina sighed.

"I can heal him," Camilla confidently spoke up, picking up the old grimoire she had been reading before, all of them hearing the pages creak as she opened it, "I will find a way." little Alfie smiled up at her, and Camilla smiled back slightly. The boy climbing onto the book box at the end of her bed, Camilla holding her hand out so he wouldn't fall, so he was at a similar height to them all.