[55] House of Oblivion

*Unedited*
-------------------------------------------------------

Nina rushed into their room where Amber was sat in bed, "we can't find Alfie anywhere, have you seen him?" Nina asked, Camilla, smiling and waving to her friend from the doorway.

            "I just saw him," Amber told them both with a nod.

            "Where?" Camilla asked instantly she was getting worried for the little boy.

            "In the wardrobe..." Amber pointed.

            "Narnia, of course!" Camilla laughed before pushing past Nina to rush to her wardrobe, opening the doors and letting out a gasp. Nina behind her letting out an equally surprised gasp as she saw the baby that was cuddled up in little Alfie's old clothes. Things were getting serious and fast.

"Come here cutie!" Camilla cooed softly as she reached up and picked up baby Alfie putting him onto her hip and starting to bounce him as she turned to show Amber what they had found. The baby gurgling happily as he grabbed onto the friendship necklace Amber had bought Camilla and was currently around her neck.

"Hi Alfie," Amber waved at him as Nina started to panic a little.

"Right, we need to figure out baby food..." She mumbled starting up the usual pacing one of the Rutter twins did in their room, "do either of you know what babies eat?"

"Milk?" Amber suggested watching Camilla battle the baby for the necklace with an amused smile on her face. "I think they drink it, don't they?"

Nina looked to Camilla who bopped Alfie gently on the nose as she got her necklace back, the girl was clearly way to distracted to answer her question. Thankfully more help came in the forms of Patricia and Fabian, both of whom gasped as they saw the baby in Camilla's arms, before turning to Amber who got more gasps from the pair, "where have you two been?!" Nina demanded of them.

"I know this is bad, but it's not as bad as Alfie," Amber pointed out to them reassuringly.

"But look how cute he is though..." Camilla cooed causing Fabian to smile and wander over to her, Alfie grabbing his finger causing both twins to laugh slightly, the baby lapping up the attention.

"Patricia," Nina turned to the girl desperately, as she seemed to be the only one not distracted, "look at me, I know this looks like it getting worse by the second, but we are going to fix it."

"Ha!" Camilla couldn't help the response as it left her mouth causing the two girls to look her way watching as she put Alfie back in her wardrobe it seemed like a safe spot for the small boy, "I'd have more faith in Hitler right now. At least he kept the promises he made to people." Camilla told Nina crossing her arms causing Patricia's shoulders to shake as she laughed and Nina to send Camilla a glare.

"Anyway, where did you find Fabian? Was he outside? In school?" Nina asked ignoring Camilla's comment altogether, noting the harsh truths were becoming harsher and harsher by the second, as she turned to Patricia.

The girl wrote something down on a notepad but when she turned the notepad around no one could understand the weird writing that was on it. "Patricia's hex is now getting worse too," Camilla pointed out causing Nina to nod her head in agreement.

Patricia looked at them both confused before turning the paper around to see the weird symbols on it and looking shocked to see them.

"Okay for now let's just say he was outside," Nina spoke in a forced calm voice.

"Yes!" Fabian agreed as Camilla nudged him with her elbow causing the boy to look away from baby Alfie in the wardrobe and adding himself to the girl's conversation. "Yes, em, I was outside." He told them with a smile.