[65] House of Duplicity

*Unedited*
-------------------------------------------------------

With the twins being slightly on edge they were staying together where they could. Both of them whereby Fabian's locker as the speaker system in school came blaring to life. Within seconds of hearing the two voices on the other end the twin's glance to one another knowing whatever was about to happen, it wasn't good.

"I just want you to tell me stuff," Came Patricia's voice loud and clear, "I think I should know you kissed my twin, or I don't know Eddie, the fact Sweetie is your dad." The twin's eyes widened as they realised Patricia had just outed Eddie's big secret.

"Eddie... oh gods..." Camilla whispered, her hand going over her mouth.

"Go," Fabian mumbled as he shut his locker door, "I'll do damage control here, Eddie needs you."

Camilla nodded her head and rushed towards Sweetie's office, elbowing classmates out of the way as Patricia and Eddie came from the office. The boy looking around as people started laughing at him. He turned back to the office and saw something, something that caused realisation to wash over his face. His secret now wasn't a secret.

"Well if it isn't Sweetie Jr." Alfie teased moving forward to grab Eddie's cheek like a baby.

"Eddie, come on..." his head whipped back around at the small voice and he found Camilla at the front of the crowd. Unlike everyone around her, she was looking at him with sympathy. This wasn't Patricia's secret to tell and she just told everyone.

Eddie nodded his head and glaring at Patricia before he shuffled forward and approached the girl. Camilla looping her arm in his and dragging him from the laughing crowd glaring angrily at anyone who dared to step in their way. All of the Anubis housemates who knew of her magic instantly stepping back as they saw lights flickering. Camilla was not playing around she was protecting her friend.  And gods help anyone who stood in her way.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla's didn't let go of Eddie until they were both safely at Anubis house and the door to his and Fabian's room had slammed shut. Eddie falling back onto his bed whilst Camilla sat down on her brother's, "I know, it's not the best day for someone to get family news announced. Do you want to talk about it?" she asked quietly knowing it was probably a stupid question but unsure of the best way to approach the subject.

Eddie looked at her with a look that caused her to laugh. Yep, it was defiantly a stupid question. "I just thought... I thought I could trust her," Eddie spoke as he sat up, putting his head in his hands, Camilla getting to her feet and sitting down next to him on his bed.

"Patricia?" she asked softly, causing Eddie to nod his head, "she probably didn't mean to tell your secret. Trish understands the importance of secrets. when your ready, just talk to her... all this will sort itself out."

Eddie let out a watery chuckle as he felt Camilla rest her chin on his shoulder her arm looping in his as she comforted him. Knowing at that moment he didn't want to talk but he didn't want to be alone. "thank you for being here with me, dealing with this,"

"This is the least complicated thing I've had to deal with this year." Camilla told him honestly with a small smile. "of course, I am gonna be here for you, you are my friend Eddie, no matter who your dad is." Eddie wasn't sure how to tell her what those words meant to him, but as he reached across his body to grab her hand and squeezed it he knew at that moment that she didn't need to hear those words. For a girl whose family was distant after her brother her friends where her world and she already knew how much the words meant to Eddie because they'd mean that much to her if the situation had been reversed.