[13] House of Protection

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"GUYS!" Camilla bashed onto the bookcase trying to get Fabian and Nina's attention, along with comforting Amber who was hysterical, "GUYS!!!!"

Thankfully a muffled sound of "Amber! Camilla!" was heard, causing Camilla to mumble a soft thanks to Isis as she heard footsteps rush towards the other side of the bookcase.

"Don't worry Ambs," Camilla whispered to her friend, pulling her to her feet and letting her use Camilla as a lean, clutching to the female twin, like she was her lifeline, "we're going to get out of here. We're going to figure out what happened."

"Camilla," Amber's voice was so quiet that Camilla almost missed what she said, it was a whisper a wisp of a sound, "I'm so scared,"

"I know you are, but I promise we'll figure this out. You've got to be brave. We'll get through this together. Girl's United," Camilla reassured her, causing Amber to nod slightly against her neck as the bookcase swivelled around and brought them back to the study.

Nina grabbed Amber from Camilla and guided her to the couch as Fabian grabbed Camilla's arm and looked his sister over, making sure she was okay. Camilla smiled at him reassuringly, enough to tell him she was okay before the two rushed over to Nina and Amber.

As the pair reached the two an old recording started to play, "To those who trespassed where they do not belong. The beacon of light is your warning song. Your eyes shall not see, all shall be dark until Ra completes his blazing arc."

Nina watched as the twin's eyes widened and they looked to one another, "Ra?" She asked them as they clearly understood the warning better than she did.

"The Sun God, the ex-king of the gods," Fabian explained quietly. "he represents the sun's arc from dawn till dusk."

"So the blazing arc... lasts one day." Nina finally understood the looks that were shared between the twins. Amber was blinded for an entire day.

"Whoa back up!" Amber instantly pipped up, "I won't be able to see for a whole day?! As in 24 hours! I have a beauty routine; this doesn't just happen! Why couldn't this have happened to Camilla!"

Fabian looked to Camilla curiously clearly having had the same thought as Amber, why didn't Camilla get effected in the same way. Fabian rushed to the bookcase and looked over it. "Are you two sure it was the book with Thoth on the spine?"

Camilla gave Fabian a sassy look but Amber did the sassing for her as she snapped, "Yes Fabian, I'm sure on account of the fact I could see back then!"

"The bookcase turned, and then there was this light," Camilla explained getting to her feet and pacing back and forth her arms waving around as she nervously spoke, "the light probably representing Ra, anyway it scanned us. It stopped for me but it didn't stop for Amber!"

Nina gasped as she glanced at Camilla's necklace, normally she tucked it in under her shirt but today it was slightly hanging out and it was glowing ever so slightly, she then turned to look at the portrait of Robert, "I think I know why you weren't hurt Camilla..." The twins turned to the American who was looking at them smiling, "look!" she pointed to the portrait where Robert was wearing one of the amulets, before she turned to the desk and pointed to the amulets there, "Look!" she excitedly squealed.

"Eh, hello, rude!" Amber added.

"Amber," Nina turned to the girl next to her, "you said the Amulets were for protection, right?" Amber nodded her head at the girl's question. "like maybe protection against booby traps?" Nina offered the twins causing the two to smile as they understood what she was hinting at.