[5] House of Rivals

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

As Nina's Protector Camilla was seriously pissed off.

After waiting for Amber to leave the room after Nina's gran had gone to shower Nina clambered onto Camilla's bed, watching the female twin as she gathered her books for the day. Camilla didn't say anything whilst Nina explained her dream, nor did she say anything whilst the girl explained her fear of the spirit. No Camilla only spoke when Nina explained that the spirit threatened her life. Dropping the heavy magic book she had been reading before bed onto the old box that was at the end of her bed, causing a loud thud. She turned to Nina who for the first time understood the whispers that went round the school about Camilla being scary, her expression was one of fury one she had never seen before and there was a feeling of electricity in the air. Next to the bed, Camilla's lamp flickered. Catching the flickering light in her peripheral vision Camilla took a steadying breath before she spoke, "she threatened you?" she asked once again, getting a nod from Nina, causing Camilla to run a hand through her curled hair.

"Camilla it was just a creepy dream," Nina argued but Camilla knew deep down it was more than just a dream. Since Nina arrived at Anubis house nothing was ever as it seemed, and she knew this was the start of a whole new level of crazy.

"of all times not to share a dream..." Camilla paused as if she had realised something, "she must have blocked my connection to you..." Camilla muttered more to herself than Nina who didn't have a chance to ask any questions as her Gran came into the room smiling happily at the girls and asking if they wanted to go down to breakfast.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

After much whispered debated behind him at breakfast, Camilla finally persuaded Nina into telling Fabian her dream too. Fabian seemed to realise something was up between his girlfriend and his sister and he grabbed their arms and pulled them out the room to the empty hallway. Nina instantly started to explain the dream as Camilla sat down on the stairs, both her and Fabian glancing at the lights as Nina explained, the electric buzzing could be heard from them and after a worried glance, her way from Fabian Camilla knew she needed to get a better hold on her emotions. She was just so angry she almost failed at the first hurdle of being Nina's protector, because some stupid old creepy Egyptian spirit wanted something from 'The Chosen One'. Was this to be her life from now on, battling the gods and their creepy spirits?

"So," Fabian spoke up after a few moments telling Camilla Nina had finished explaining, "you took this cup downstairs after seeing this ghost or..."

"spirit Fabian, she saw a creepy Egyptian spirit," Camilla interrupted as she yawned, the girl had yet to have her tea so that probably wasn't helping with her mood. That was when she realised Fabian wasn't focusing on the big picture... Nina's life was threatened, no he was worried about the Cup of Ankh.

"Whatever..." Fabian waved off Camilla's comments.

"Yeah," Nina nodded as Fabian summarised the dream, "the next thing I remember was my alarm going off. It must have been a dream, but it felt so real." Nina told the twins who had identical looks of worry on their face.

"Chosen...." An eery voice echoed around the room causing Camilla and Nina to look to one another with eyes wide.

"Let's go back to breakfast..." Nina told Fabian nervously.

"Yeah, I need my tea. Like right now..." Camilla added getting to her feet and looking around, not leaving the bottom step until she knew Nina and Fabian were in the dining room and safe, for now.