[42] House of Names

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Alfie kept muttering about seeing things and thrashing around, coming close so many times to touching a red wire no matter how many times Nina, Amber and Patricia screamed at him to stay still.

Camilla was moving as fast as she could but without the help of one of the girls telling her where strings where that movement wasn't fast at all. Thankfully someone came running and Camilla looked up to see Fabian push the girls aside and navigate his way to Alfie with ease (both twins thanking the gods Alfie hadn't made it too far from the entrance of the room unlike Camilla).

"Alfie," Fabian spoke in a calm voice, the only really calm voice in the room, as he approached the boy, holding onto his body to make him stop thrashing around. "It's okay, I've got you," Alfie clung to Fabian as his vision came back into focus Fabian looking around at them all, seeing Camilla's shoulder's drop in relief from where she stood in the middle of the webs.

"I'm so sorry..." Nina mumbled to Alfie from where she stood at the entrance to the task, sorrow soaked into her voice telling all the Sibuna's she was in fact sorry.

"Let's get you out of here," Fabian mumbled to Alfie, turning to Patricia who nodded her head and started to help guide them.

"Cam..." Amber whispered but, in the silence, Camilla could hear her. Camilla glanced up to see tear stains streaking down Amber's face. Clearly, the thing with Alfie had shaken her up and now Amber wanted Camilla out the maze too. Camilla nodded her head and allowed Amber to guide her from the maze.

The twin not missing the look shared between Nina and Fabian. Both of them knowing this had happened because Nina had gotten jealous of Fabian's date night with Joy.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Alfie made a full recovery and was his old self the next morning. Of course, none of the Sibuna's brought up the task and what had happened. Well not until biology where Camilla caught Nina muttering to herself.

"Nim?" Camilla asked looking at her expectantly, causing Nina's head snap up at Camilla in shock. Camilla had made the executive decision to take Fabian's seat so Fabiana were split during the class, meaning Fabian had to take Camilla's usual seat on the other side of Eddie, the boy not happy as Eddie and Camilla used their jotter's to play hangman or knots and crosses instead of work.

"Sorry..." Nina muttered as she realised Camilla had heard her muttering about how this was becoming an impossible task to get the mask.

"Don't be sorry," Camilla whispered looking down at her jotter as Mr Sweet looked their way, "this isn't an impossible task if we look at it as one task at a time instead of a huge task. We just need to focus on completing this task. Can you just focus on that?"

"What about the next one?" Nina couldn't help but whisper back to her protector.

Camilla reached out and took Nina's hand with a reassuring smile, "We'll worry about that when it comes. Now come on, get up. I won't let you fall here."

Nina couldn't help the smile that flitted onto her face. She knew she had lucked out on having Camilla as her Protector, no matter what the girls went through together Camilla would always be on her side even if she didn't agree with her side.

Amber approached the two and Fabian with a smile on her face from across the room, she instantly sat herself down beside Nina flicking her hair back and pulling the American girl into a conversation. Behind her Patricia started to play with the skeleton bones she had been handed, making the feet tap dance on her desk until Mr Sweet pipped up from the front of the classroom, "That's enough Patricia."