[72] House of Hijack

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

"look, guys, we've got Trudy, let's just go."

"she's right, guys come on," Fabian ordered.

It was too little too late.

As Fabian pushed on the door, they found it was locked.

They were trapped inside.

"RUFUS!" Jerome screamed as he and Fabian started pounding on the door as if that would help somehow.

"LET US OUT!" Amber and Camilla screamed to whoever was on the other side of the door locking them in.

"You're not going to get away with this!" Fabian shouted at whoever was on the other side, "we know it was you!"

"RUFUS!" Jerome let out a frustrated scream before kicking the door causing him to flinch in pain as he turned away from the door. All of them hearing footsteps fade away and they knew whoever was on the other side was gone.

Fabian turned and looked to Camilla seeing the girl shake her head at him looking apologetic, both twins knowing any magic usage was not an option because Trudy was with them. They needed to find a way-out using muggle methods.

"The windows are barred," Fabian spoke up as he analysed the room. "this is no good... we are trapped!"

"once again," Amber smiled at them, "Agent Millington saves the day. What would you guys do without me?" She pulled out her last Curby grip and held it out to Fabian to use causing the boy to look back at her perplexed. "that is my last one, you can use it to pick the lock. Just keep me away from anything reflective upon exit."

Jerome groaned as he turned away from the girl biting his tongue from saying something harsh knowing the girl's heart was in the right place, even if she hadn't realised the locks in question where on the opposite side of the door.

"Thanks..." Fabian spoke kindly to Amber, "but the locks are on the other side of the door."

"Oh." Amber realised looking to the door.

"This is all my fault." A hysterical Trudy spoke up leaning into Camilla's comforting embrace.

"technically true!" Jerome spoke up but was silenced with one stern look from Camilla, and a hit from Fabian for good measure.

"Trudy," Amber spoke up taking the woman's hand, "we would never leave you."

"we're all on the same team, don't worry."

"Actually, if it comes to it, I am happy for all of us to get out separately. I don't even mind going first!" Jerome's panic had gotten the better of him.

"Jerome Clarke," Camilla warned him in a tone even Trudy knew to be deadly as she watched the girl point a finger at him, "do yourself a favour and shut the hell up before I do something dangerous."

Jerome gulped slightly and nodded his head slightly. Rufus might be petrifying but he was sure Camilla could be equally so if she put her mind to it.

"Yeah, man up Clarke!" Amber agreed with Camilla after she and Fabian shared a bemused smile at how easily the boy could be scared of their friend.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The five had been trapped in the barn for at least half an hour, all of them taking turns at banging on the door. Camilla was sat next to Jerome using his shoulder as a lean as she watched Amber and Trudy screaming for help and Fabian looking around for anything to help them in the dusty old place.