[20] House of Vertigo

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The next day was chaos as Joy was in full organisation mode – Amber tutting at Camilla when at breakfast she asked what it was all for and explained Gustav Ziestack wanted an opening ball or something for the exhibition. Before then she informed Camilla, she had already bought her a dress and not to worry.

"Hopscotch is like dancing," Amber explained simply as she shut her locker and wandered over to where the twins who were stood by Fabian's locker, the boy had just finished swapping out books from the morning classes for his afternoon ones. Camilla using his open locker door as a place to hang her blazer as she re-arranged her badge collection, "if you can dance you can do hopscotch,"

"Fabian can't dance," Camilla instantly said just as Fabian said.

"I can't dance,"

Amber paused realising the flaw in her plan with a frown, but before they could elaborate any more Nina rushed up to the group.

"I've been looking up Hopscotch online," She told them.

"that sounds like riveting reading," Camilla sarcastically muttered causing a smile to appear on Amber's face as she tried not to laugh.

Nina ignored the comment but from the small smile that quirked onto her face she too found the comment funny, "it goes way back. There are dozens of different kinds of grids, loads of different versions of the rules..." she railed off.

"It makes no sense," Fabian frowned, looking between the girls, "Hopscotch? Seems kinda crazy for a middle-aged mastermind, doesn't it?"

The girls all looked to one another with smiles, the fact Robert used hopscotch was something they all understood. "He had a little girl," Amber explained simply, "little girls love hopscotch..."

Fabian looked to Camilla and raised his eyebrows, "sorry my only reference would be Camilla growing up and if I recall correctly, she liked throwing bones at my head, and mocking me because all the Camels we ever hired liked her more than me." This caused Camilla and Amber to laugh as Nina gasped.

"The dollhouse!" she told them, causing the other three to look her way coming to the same realisation. Why hadn't they looked there sooner, Sarah's dollhouse, if anything was going to help them out it probably be that. "we'll stake it out after school," Nina told them all with a smile. Amber and Nina walking down to the student lounge to get given jobs from Joy, as Fabian lifted Camilla's blazer from his locker door and shut it, the pair following on behind him.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Joy instantly grabbed Fabian the moment they entered the room, muttering something about how Gustav had insisted the twins do a speech and the girl knowing better than to drag Camilla places. Camilla didn't need to wait long for one of her boys to turn up as they both entered the room holding the controls to the sound system.

"I bet; this is what the inside of Joy's brain must look like..." she said as a greeting to them both falling into step as they wandered across the room.

"Joy said medium volume, minimum bass..." Jerome commented as the climbed onto the stage, turning to his friends before saying, "Nahh..." causing Alfie and Camilla to laugh.

The moment Camilla got onto the stage to follow the boy's Joy grabbed her and pulled her to Fabian, "Cam I know I know you hate speeches, blah blah blah," the girls told her in a bored tone, "but Gustav requested you two and you two he will have. I've already written it you just need to learn it!" she told her causing Camilla to give Fabian an annoyed look.