[23] House of Hoods

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

After much chocolate Camilla felt loads better, she could feel her energy replenish as she tried not to worry about how she was the reason Nina might be in danger as she had spelled the band to play classical music. Jerome had disappeared and Camilla had wandered over to Patricia who was stood alone by the buffet table. Camilla helping herself to a plate of chocolate before she stood next to her watching her brother with a smile on his face. He couldn't help it, she could tell, as the smile on his face grew as he watched Amber and Nina laughing together about something.

"I recognise that look on his face." Patricia said after looking to see what Camilla was looking at, "Look at Fabian watch Nina and tell me what it reminds you of. That look is the look you used to give Alfie when he isn't looking. The one that says 'I love you, and all I want is for you to be happy.'"

Camilla let out a small sigh as she realised Patricia was right, her bumbling brother was so in love with Nina that the only thing that mattered to him when it came to her was her happiness and safety.

The two girls small moment was interrupted as Eddie wandered over, "I don't know how you did it, but I am impressed,"

"Its because she is magical," Patricia said giving Camilla an elbow and the two girls shared a secret smile.

"I guess this just emphasises my point about not judging a book by its cover," Camilla didn't understand what Eddie meant so focused on her chocolate which Eddie happily helped himself too.

"Is this your way of apologising?" Patricia asked him, laughing as she watched Camilla hit his hand away and the two started to fight over the last chocolate.

She had been watching them over the last few days (which she will admit is creepy) but she had come to the conclusion that the two had somehow gravitated towards each other and acted like siblings. Camilla and Fabian never really fought or squabbled like siblings their bond went way deeper which came from them coming from parents who didn't care about them, but around Eddie, well the two went from being best friends to fighting to best friends again and she could already tell if something bad happened to the other they'd be the first to defend them. It was sweet in a way, though it made Patricia worry about Jerome when he finally opened his eyes to his crush on Camilla and had to deal with two big brother chats.

With a triumphant noise Camilla stuffed the last chocolate into her mouth and Eddie rolled his eyes but the smile on his face showed the girls he found it amusing, with that he turned back to his Yacker. "As apologise go? How do I do?"

Patricia thought for a moment before retorting, "awful, but apology accepted." Causing Eddie to shake his head amused, Camilla knew when it leave a moment and muttered something about needing the bathroom to fix her eyeliner and left the two to talk.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

As she turned the corner into the hallway, she saw a masked hooded figure walk away from Jasper who was looking frazzled. Thankfully Jasper hadn't noticed her as another person's movements down the hall had caught his attention, Camilla rushed into the bathroom, listening in trying to understand what was going on – her mind instantly going back to the fact that Fabian said Jasper had found the cube, maybe he was on team bad like she had hoped he wasn't.

"What are you doing?" Jasper sounded so serious; Camilla had never heard him so serious before.

"I, eh," Trudy stuttered, "I had to adjust the hem of my dress," Camilla could tell Trudy was lying but that was because she had known the woman for 6 years now, "I just thought I'd spare everyone having to look at my legs. Do you mind?"