[17] House of Chance

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla and Nina were both woken up with a scream from Amber. Neither girl slept deeply anymore and the moment they heard the girl the two were out their beds in a flash and by her side. Amber jolting awakes to see her friend's concerned faces.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Nina asked Amber as Camilla put an arm around her and pulled her into a hug, to try to comfort her.

"the spirit lady... she came after me..." Amber explained in a panic looking at her hands, arms and wrists knowing that's where Camilla, Fabian and Nina had all been marked. "she offered me her hand."

"you didn't take it did you?" Camilla instantly asked, looking around protectively. She loved Nina and Fabian, but if the bitch of a spirit came for Amber the woman was asking for war.

"No, no..." Amber reassured Camilla grabbing her hand. "tell me this was all a dream..." she asked the pair, who looked to one another.

Nina leaned forward knowing Camilla couldn't lie to Amber. Anyone else 100% the girl could but there was something about Amber that Camilla just couldn't. their whole friendship was built on truth and Camilla valued that above all, she wasn't going to ruin it now. "it was all a dream," Nina tried to calmly say to the blonde before she let out a deep breath looking between the pair, "I'm so sorry for dragging you guys into all of those," Nina told them upset.

Amber smiled and grabbed Nina's hand with the one that wasn't clinging to Camilla's for dear life, "Hey," she told the American girl reassuringly, "you didn't drag, I pushed." Nina smiled slightly at this causing Camilla to smile too as Nina looked her way.

"Your fated to be stuck with me for life Nim, I'd get used to me being dragged into all this kinda stuff if I was you," Camilla joked causing the American to let out a watery chuckle and grab Camilla's other hand joining up the circle between the three girls. Nina looked at the two girls in front of her and once again thanked whatever gods gave her them, these two would follow her to hell and back and only complain about the moisture in the air ruining their hair and the sweat over anything else.

"Anyways, I'm glad... we're glad," Amber said looking to Camilla to see her nod at the statement.

"A crazy spirit has targeted you both and your both glad?" Nina asked them, causing smiles to creep onto all their faces as they all heard how ridiculous that sentence sounded.

"Well, glad might be stretching it..." Amber teased causing Camilla to elbow her and the two to laugh.

"What Ambs is trying to say is with you here life's not dull," Camilla told the American with a smile.

"Unlike your hair," Amber interjected, "you really need to do something with it, Nina," Amber told her causing her to laugh loudly. Camilla slept the rest of that night with Amber, who didn't need to do more than clutch the girl's hand under the blankets to tell her she was scared of the spirit coming again in her dreams. Not wanting to worry Nina, Camilla made it appear like she was doing her 'duty' as protector and the blonde was grateful of the small Rutter twin's presence for the remainder of the night. Neither girl letting go of the other's hand all night.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Camilla was seriously regretting agreeing to wear a cheerleading uniform to cheer on Donkey Day. She knew Jerome was her best friend but even she had to question a few things. The cheer uniform in question was a very short blue skirt, with a white lining around the edges (thank god for black bike shorts) which Jerome had Camilla pin a donkey tail onto, and a matching crop top, with donkey ears. Camilla then had to deal with Amber doing her make-up and hair, the make-up wasn't the issue until the girl stuck fake eyelashes to her eyes, and the hair was also okay, it was a half up/half down look her hair curled to perfection (like only Amber could do). The blonde goddess wanted to add a bow but Camilla put her foot down with that. The only saving grace was that Camilla could walk around the school in blue high-top converse for the day and she was clutching to that as if it was the only thing keeping her alive.