[27] House of Pendulums

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

There were gasps all round as sharp pointy pendulums started to swing around Patricia who froze the moment a pendulum narrowly missed her face.

"Patricia, turn around slowly," Nina instructed the girl in a strained but calm voice. "don't move, just turn around."

"Nina! Make your mind up!" Patricia told her as she fought against the fear she was feeling trying to focus on the situation at hand. She slowly turned on the spot so she was now facing the Sibuna's but there was one pendulum swinging between her and them. Of course, that was the moment that every Sibuna member decided to try to help Patricia out which resulted in a wave of noise in her direction which didn't really help her out at all. "Anyone who does not have a pendulum swinging in front of their face, SHUT UP!" Patricia screamed at them all causing them all to fall silent as they watched her.

Patricia watched the pendulum swing back and forth, taking in the rhythm. She then closed her eyes and took a deep breath before taking a step forward to safety. The Sibuna's all crowded around her and hugged her being glad she was out of danger.

"You made that look soo easy," Amber told the girl who let out a nervous laugh at the blonde's comments, not hearing Ambers comment to Alfie and Camilla, "I honestly thought she might die..."

They then turned to watch the pendulums swing, all of them taking in their next challenge. Fabian let out a gasp in realisation pulling out his phone, "we can learn this," he told them all excitedly, "its just like a song."

"Eh, it's not like a song, its like a chopping board." Patricia countered.

Fabian shook his head at her, "no it's got its own rhythm," he explained and Camilla couldn't argue if it did or not because Fabian was the twin to get all the musical genes she could hold a rhythm dance wise but that was about it. Music and everything else was all Fabian. "so think of each Pendulum as chords. Say the suns are A,C and the moons are B,D."

Alfie was listening in as Fabian explained and couldn't help but nod his head clicking onto what the boy was saying, "Yeah, its that Pendulum hip hop man!" with that he started to beat box's as Fabian recorded the pendulums for them to practice against later.

"Oh, here we go..." Amber muttered.

"Who knew this would be useful." Alfie laughed to Camilla as he kept beatboxing.

"Do we want to know what's up with you two?" Patricia asked them.

"We broke up."

"No, we didn't!"

"The pattern loops!" Fabian exclaimed excitedly, "if we learn the song then we learn the gaps."

"We learn the gaps and we walk straight through!" Nina finished for him with equal excitement.

"Exactly," Fabian said looking to her with a smile which Nina was more than happy to return.

"more practice?" Patricia asked with a groan, she wasn't the only one seeing their free periods now being taken up by Sibuna shenanigans.

"Maybe not with real pendulums?" Fabian suggested getting nods from them all immediately.

Amber rolled her eyes at Alfie as he kept beatboxing before helping Camilla out the tunnel, the boy following behind them still happily beatboxing away to himself.

"I know it sounds complicated," Fabian told them all as they reached the study, "but it's really not."

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪