[9] House of Combinations

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla burst into Fabian's room the next morning and no words where needed by the twins as she flung herself into his arms, the twins both needing the comfort of one another. He too was now on the death list and that was something that got to her. At the end of the day, Fabian's safety was something Camilla cared about above everyone else's, even Nina's and Nina was her Chosen One. Now he was in danger.

As she pulled back, Fabian lifted his sleeve to show Camilla the mark, who raised her wrist to compare it. It was the same.

"What are we going to do Fabby?" Camilla murmured to her brother.

Fabian sighed and shook his head, "we find what she wants and fast," he told Camilla with a weak smile, "but promise me you won't tell Nina about this, she has enough to worry about with you and her being marked and her gran not feeling well..."

"Fabian..."

"I don't need her worried, honestly I don't want either of you worried about me," Fabian smiled at Camilla has he turned to lift his schoolbag onto his shoulder. "I'm your big brother, I'm meant to worry about you not you worry about me."

Camilla scoffed at him and with that, the two were almost back to normal again, "we're twins, we are genetically engineered to worry about each other. It doesn't matter who's older,"

Fabian laughed, "yeah, yeah keep telling yourself that Cam."

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The twins hung back at the end of breakfast as Nina said she needed to talk to them, the moment the last person had left the room she pulled out a map and showed it to them. "this map was in the secret drawer in the doll's house," Nina explained seeing their confused looks. Clearly, Camilla wasn't the only one in their room who had a disturbed night.

"It looks like a sequence of tunnels," Camilla muttered too the two.

"look at the Egyptian symbols," Nina pointed out.

Fabian pointed to the symbol in the very middle, "that's the Jackal mark, the mark of Anubis."

"Do you think that's where the mask is hidden?!" Nina asked with a slight excitement, though clearly, neither of the twins shared the excitement. "What's up, guys? You two seem off..."

"Bad night sleep..." Camilla mumbled, but Fabian knew he had to tell Nina about the Spirit. He glanced to Camilla knowing she would go with whatever he said.

"Nina... I dreamt about her last night," Fabian said causing the excitement to wash off Nina's face and a look of dread to replace it. "the spirit..."

"What did she say?" Nina asked fearfully, though Camilla could see she was trying to put on a brave face. Make it appear as if she wasn't as scared as she really was. All of a sudden something washed over her and Nina grabbed Fabian, "did she touch you? Do you have the mark?" Nina frantically looked at Fabian's wrists for a Mark.

"Nina..." Fabian's tone was calm and collected as he tried to reassure the girl, "look.."

"This is all my fault!"

"it's not your fault!" Camilla instantly countered pointing her finger at Nina in a tone she couldn't argue with.

"I probably only dreamt about her, because we talked about her so much," Fabian told the American girl reassuringly.

"So she didn't touch you?" Nina asked quietly as she read between the lines of Fabian's words.

Fabian paused for a second, wanting to look to Camilla but knowing if he did it give the game away, Nina would know they were lying to her, "No." he told Nina with a half-smile.