[44] House of Genius

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla watched with an amused gaze as Jerome snuck around the biology classroom handing out leaflets for ping pong trials. The boy had come to realise that Alfie had bucket loads of enthusiasm but was a danger to all those around him when he played ping pong. It wasn't until he handed a leaflet to Eddie that Alfie noticed what was going on.

"What's this?" Eddie asked Jerome as he glanced down at the paper now in his hands.

Jerome sighed and wandered back over to him, pointing to the words on the paper as he spoke, "Ping Pong trials this lunchtime."

"Thanks." Eddie sarcastically remarked as Jerome walked off.

"what was that about Ping Pong?" Alfie asked Jerome as he sat down at his seat.

"Oh nothing," Jerome waved off the offer as Eddie sat down next to Camilla, handing her the leaflet causing her to roll her eyes. "just chatting with good old Eddio," This caused both Camilla and Eddie to shoot Jerome a confused look. "right Eddie?"

"Whatever, sure." Eddie sarcastically responded, before turning his attention back to Camilla's jotter where the two were having a game of hangman – though the game had gone a little off the rails as the two had given up on guessing the long complicated word Joy had given them and were now focusing on making the man who was being hung look more and more like a cartoon version of Mr Sweet.

Across the room, Nina and Fabian were testing some of the chemicals from the tunnels. Camilla could see them whispering together but she didn't know what was being said. If it was important, she'd be caught up when they tell the rest of the Sibuna's. though she knew of the pressure that was expected of her to solve the riddles and mix the chemicals because she was 'the witch' of the group. Not that she was a witch. She wasn't a witch. She didn't care what badges Alfie was threatening to make she wasn't a witch.

"Alfie?" the shout of Mara caused Camilla and Eddie to look up as they put shading to the bowtie on Mini Mr Sweet. It was one of those serious tones they were used to hearing in their direction when they did something wrong, that's why they looked up. Alfie was holding some green liquid waving it about with a curious look on his face, Mara sat opposite him with a worried look on her face. "you shouldn't mix chemicals if you don't know what they are." She warned him.

"Sorry Mara," Alfie smiled at the girl as he picked up a bright orange chemical, "very sensible," he told her with a nod, "but it's very boring," this caused Jerome to laugh and Eddie and Camilla to share a smile. Alfie was going to get them out of science class and they both knew it. "I do know what they are," Alfie insisted as he poured the green chemical into a large glass jug, "stinky green," he glanced at the orange liquid before pouring it into the glass too, "and lumpy orange."

"Alfie what did I say!" Mara screamed as she watched him mix the chemicals.

"Alfie, what are you doing?" Fabian screamed as he and Nina turned just in time to see him pour the orange liquid into the glass, Fabian shooting his sister a disapproving look as she sat behind him and laughed along with Eddie.

"I AM EXPERIMENTING!" Alfie informed them all in a mad scientist like voice.

The effects were almost instantaneous. Within seconds a horrible smell of rotten eggs, a food bin that hadn't been cleaned out and something like mouldy feet drifted around the room causing them all to grab their noses and try to stop themselves to being sick at the horrid smell.

"Stop that immediately!" Mr Sweet got up from his desk using his handkerchief as a way to block the smell from his own nose as he rushed to Alfie. "that is incredibly dangerous!"