[46] House of Hasty

Now before you start can you all send minxslulu some love because she just lost her dog and as someone whos pet is my life (my cat is honestly my world as is my dog but I'm a cat person) i know how hard this could be. you guys are such a great support to me and i'd love it if you could show that love you have to each other too. Minxslulu this chapter is dedicated to you from me <3 my thoughts are with you and I hope this extra chapter today brings a smile to your face even for a little bit ~ Sarah xxxx 

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Fabian was worried for a number of reasons. Halfway through the hearing, Nina had clutched at her arm muttering about how things were really really bad, meaning the spirit was not happy with their progress but it wasn't their fault they were stuck in the hearing and not solving the task.

Camilla and Victor still weren't back which he didn't know if it was a good or bad thing, the two were an odd duo he didn't really understand but no one was screaming bloody murder yet so he had to assume it was a good thing.

Until he knew more Fabian focused on the hearing, not understanding what caused Mara to write the article on Vera but having read it he wasn't sure if he believed the supposed truths the woman was saying. Something felt odd to him about her. He had met a lot of people who had enough money to be whomever they wanted to be, Lord Carter and his son Solon came to mind but that was a duo whom he and Camilla only ever had to see once a year these days for the big fancy new years party the man threw. Joy's of having rich connections to Egypt. Vera seemed like those men, too good to be true and as she kept proving Mara wrong the more, he started to believe Mara's story in a way he knew Camilla automatically did.

"Miss Devenish" Mara spoke up looking across the room at Vera, piles upon piles of notes in front of her yet Vera didn't look bothered or worried, "you worked as a cook at Beacon Grove School nine years ago. Is that right?"

"I wouldn't have put it on my resume if it weren't," Vera insisted.

"So, can you explain why you are not in this photo," Mara bent down and clicked a button on the laptop in front of her so the TV screen showing her proof changed to one of three men in chief uniform, "of the entire kitchen team when they won the award for excellent staff of the year."

"I arrived at the beginning of the academic year which starts in September," Vera spoke to Mara as if she was stupid, "what is the date of that article?"

Mr Sweet looked to Mara who looked slightly flustered for a second as she looked at the article for the information asked, "April 20th..." Mara spoke softly looking shocked she had forgotten such a small bit of information. Though the smug look on Vera's face didn't help the situation in Fabian's opinion.

"Five months before I arrived," Vera told the girl, causing the students to all look to one another in shock. This was going to be a long hearing.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Now Camilla and Victor knew they would have been better just putting the door in place and rushing back to the hearing so no one would miss them, but the two were both curious about what Robert had in store for them next and couldn't help it as they took the steps down to the next layer of tunnels.

The tunnels seemed to get colder and the corridors went on a little longer making Camilla believe they probably weren't just under Anubis house anymore but in the grounds of the school itself.