The Art Project, Pt. 1

"Okay, you already know the F5, so I'll skip that. Any questions?"

Yoojung and Jieun were still standing at the front of the class, with Yoojung introducing everyone in the class to her.

"Who are those people near the back? You didn't mention them."

Yoojung laughed.

"Oh, I really almost forgot. Those are our free-flyers!" Yoojung said, as she grabbed hold of a black thick-framed girl walking past them. "This is Kim Sohye, one of our free-flyers!"

Sohye bowed her head slightly, waved at Jieun with a small smile, before scurrying away.

"She's shy," Yoojung said with a fond smile, watching Sohye sit back down on her seat. "That's not common for a free-flyer, but yeah. Sohye's nice, she's one of my good friends, but she seems afraid of me for some reason." Yoojung shrugged.

I think I kind of know why, Jieun thought silently, but didn't dare to say it out loud.

"Alright, beside her is Yoon Jisung, the class monitor. Born leader, a really hilarious and enthusiastic guy. The guy holding the guitar in front of them is Kim Jaehwan! His musical talents cannot be ignored. He can play the guitar and piano and he sings really well. He composes his own songs too! He just won first place in the singing competition last week. Lastly, we have of course Seokjin, and his deskmate and suspected girlfriend. Moon Byulyi. They keep saying they're just friends, but we all think otherwise."

Yoojung eyed them suspiciously and Jieun nodded her head in agreement as she watched the two of them exchange glances for a few seconds before looking away and giggling.

Definitely not just friends.

"Alright, attention class! Listen up!" The art teacher, Ms Ahn Hyejin, walked into the classroom at that moment, and everyone scurried away towards their seats. Ms Ahn was a teacher everyone feared, with her tan skin and stern looks. She was one of the only few teachers no one dared to mess with.

Yoojung nudged Jieun back towards their seats, and since Yoongi had already returned back to his seat, Yoojung carefully went back to hers as well. She purposely avoided eye contact with the now awake Jungkook, and focused her attention on the front. As she saw Yoojung prodding Yoongi awake, she thought to herself, when would Jungkook and her ever have such a close relationship.

Never, maybe.

"Alright, class! I will be giving you an art assignment today. It will be a group project done in 4 groups of 6. It's graded, so please take it seriously."

The class let out a collective groan.

"Don't complain just yet," Ms Ahn smiled, but it was more of an evil grin rather than a smile. "I will be assigning the groups."

"Nooooooooo!" The class shouted in unison.

"I'll be announcing the members in each group now," Ms Ahn said, glancing at a piece of paper she was holding. "Group A - leader Minhyun; members Jennie, Taehyung, Doyeon, Jimin and Yoojung."

"WHAT?!" Two voices screamed in unison from two different parts of the class.

"Ms Ahn, I can't do this with Yoojung! I swear only one of us will make it out of the project alive!" Jennie jumped to her feet, glaring at Yoojung.

"Ms Ahn!" Yoojung leaped up as well, glaring intensely back at Jennie. "I hate to agree with her but we seriously can't do this together, I'm serious!"

"It's random," Ms Ahn nonchalantly replied, barely looking up from the paper. "You girls don't have a say in this - I won't change the group."

"BUT-"