The Wedding Reception, Pt. 1

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!" The pastor in the church announced.

Mr Kim and Ms Ahn kissed, and the audience burst into applause. The eight of them, who were brimming with pride, cheered as their favourite form teacher smiled from ear-to-ear, next to their not-so-favourite art teacher.

"We will now proceed with the photo-taking ceremony," the emcee announced. "Please stay seated until you are called up on stage and proceed to the dining reception after the photo-taking. First, we would like to invite the bride's family on stage."

The eight of them remained in their seats. They were seated in a row, in this order: Jisoo, Seokjin, Jungkook, Jieun, Taehyung, Byulyi, Yoojung, then Jimin. It was a weird seating arrangement indeed.

Yoojung shifted uncomfortably in her seat. To her left, was Byulyi. She didn't want to ask her why she was crying earlier - she already knew why and she didn't want to bring it up again. To her right, Jimin. She had been awkward with him since that fateful bus ride. He didn't sense it at all, though.

"They're cute together," Jimin laughed, snapping photos of Mr Kim and Ms Ahn with his phone. "This wedding is adorable too. I love how Ms Ahn's bridesmaid is Mr Kim's sister."

"Ah, right. That's cute," Yoojung laughed awkwardly.

"I wonder who would be my wife's bridesmaid in the future, since I don't have a sister," Jimin smiled, continuing to take photos with his phone. "I was thinking... maybe Jieun. I think she'll do a great job."

"Hm." Yoojung responded. "Not me?"

Ah, Choi Yoojung. What are you even saying?

"You... well," Jimin snorted. "I'll think about it."

Yoojung turned away, no knowing what to think about the situation. He'd want Jieun to be his bridesmaid because she'll do a good job... but would only think about it if it were her?

"Now, we would like to invite the groom's family on stage," the emcee announced a second time.

Yoojung tuned in to Taehyung and Byulyi's conversation instead.

"You sure you're alright?" Taehyung asked Byulyi with a worried expression on his face. "You really look slightly pale."

"I'm fine," Byulyi smiled. "Just a bit tired from all the wedding preparation."

"Ah, I see," Taehyung smiled. "You look amazing today. But you look amazing all the time, don't let what anyone says get to you."

"Thanks, Taehyung." Byulyi smiled gratefully.

"No worries," Taehyung smiled, turning towards the front again.

"Now, we would like to invite the bride's friends on stage," the emcee announced for the third time.

At the corner of his eye, Taehyung spotted Jungkook and Jieun sitting next to each other, not uttering a word. It wasn't a rare sight - they always seemed to be fine sitting next to each other, not saying much. The amazing thing was that it wasn't awkward, not one bit. That was something Taehyung really admired about them... And to be honest, he often felt like, they would indeed make a pretty cute couple.

Taehyung shook the thoughts out of his head as he glanced at Seokjin who was sitting next to Jungkook at the end of the row. Jisoo was resting her head on his shoulder, but Seokjin was staring into blank space, deep in thought.

My poor brother, Taehyung sighed.

"Now, we would like to invite the groom's friends on stage," the emcee announced for the final time.

"That's us," Taehyung said, standing to his feet.

The rest of them followed suit, walking up to the front and gathering around Mr Kim and Ms Ahn.

The eight of them put away their troubles for the time being, putting on huge smiles. "Congrats, Mr Kim!" They exclaimed as they approached, shaking Mr Kim's hand one by one.

"You look so handsome today, sir," Jimin added with a wink.

"You kids..." Ms Ahn glared at them. "Am I invisible to you?"

"You look so stunning we didn't even recognise you today, Ms Ahn," Yoojung said with a cheeky grin.

"Nice save!" Taehyung yelled and all of them burst into laughter.

"1... 2.. 3!"

Click!