The F5

"OH MY GOD. OH MY GOODNESS!"

Jieun couldn't read anymore. She threw her phone down on the bed, jumping onto her bed and slamming her face into the sheets.

How did... How did this incident even get leaked? Who was that anonymous caller? Who even had the nerve to spout such horrible lies about her?

Well... the incident did happen. But it was twisted - so twisted that Jieun didn't even know what to do about herself.

"What's wrong, Jieun!" The door of Jieun's room flung open and a tall middle-aged lady barged in, looking anxious and worried. "What's wrong!"

"Nothing, mom." The thing Jieun hated most on earth, other than talking in front of a large crowd, was making her mom worry. Especially after what had happened a year ago... her mom jumped at every single sound she heard. Jieun forced a smile. "It's really nothing."

"Oh, thank GOD. I really thought- Nevermind." Jieun's mom heaved a sigh of relief, checking on Jieun one last time before leaving her room and closing the door behind her.

Ring... Ring...

Jieun's phone rang, snapping her back to reality. Right... the article. Jieun glanced at her phone, expecting the call to be from Yoojung. But instead... it was Taehyung.

Jieun picked up the call. "H-"

"Jieun, are you alright? Oh my goodness, they really did such a horrible thing to you like who even posts such an incident on a public platform like that? And like so many people follow our fansite. Urgh, you really don't deserve this. I bet you didn't even do it like why??? Why would anyone post such a thing without any facts? Literally... a caller without even a name? You must be so upset right now, Jieun... Why aren't you talking, Jieun? Are you crying? Are you really upset? Urgh, those people... Jieun? Jieun??? Hello???"

Taehyung went on a minute long rant like a machine gun, making it impossible for Jieun to respond. Hearing Taehyung speak that fast made Jieun laugh, taking some of her worries off her shoulders temporarily.

"Ah, finally I can hear you. I think the connection wasn't good or something. Basically I was saying that-"

"No, Taehyung!" Jieun laughed again, relieved to hear that Taehyung had complete faith in her. "But thank you."

"Thank me for what?! I'm literally so upset right now." Taehyung exclaimed. "How can you still laugh?!"

"I'm upset too, Taehyung." Jieun bit her lower lip. "But the fact that you have complete faith in me... I'm just so happy. I thought everyone would just assume that I- I really-"

"Really what? Cheated in an exam?" Taehyung laughed. "Come on, that's bullshit. You could never..."

"Well, it ain't completely false... I was involved in such an incident." Jieun admitted.

Momentarily silence.

"But the cheater ain't you, right?"

"Mmhmm."

"Then that's all that matters." Taehyung concluded. "You're a good person, Jieun. I just know you'd never do such a thing. I have faith in you."

Jieun froze. I'm not a good person. "T-thanks, Taehyung. I just thought that once everyone saw the article they would believe everything on there."

"Please, Jieun. I'm sure everyone in the right mind would not believe such rotten lies."

Unfortunately, according to Taehyung's words, everyone wasn't in the right mind.