Resurface

"Ooh..." Jieun teased as Yoojung walked back into class. "What did Jimin say? Did he ask you to prom?"

"Don't talk about it..." Yoojung dropped down in her seat, resting her chin on her hand and sighing deeply. "My head's in a mess right now."

Jieun raised her eyebrows, bringing herself down to Yoojung's eye level. "He didn't?"

Yoojung shook her head. "I'm going with Yoongi."

"What?!" Jieun shrieked as she watched Yoongi drag himself into his seat and fall asleep yet again. "You're going with him?"

Yoojung sighed. "Mmhmm."

"Don't make it sound like I wanted to go with you, Choi Yoojung," Yoongi mumbled, his eyes still closed. "You begged me, I was doing charity work."

Yoojung turned to glare at Yoongi.

"Really?" Jieun frowned. "What happened?"

"Ah-" Yoojung rolled her eyes irritatedly. "Forget it, it's not like I wanted to go with him that much anyway. He obviously looked like he wanted to go with Doyeon-"

"Doyeon?!" Jieun exclaimed a second time.

"Hm?" Doyeon turned around. "Someone called me?"

"No, no, no. Sorry," Jieun waved her hands embarrassedly, lowering her voice once more. "Doyeon? Jimin really has a thing for her now? No way-"

"I think so..." Yoojung shrugged. "Urgh, forget it."

"My poor baby," Jieun smiled. "I was so sure he was going to ask you..."

"You're smiling?" Yoojung pouted unhappily. "Is my downfall your happiness?"

Jieun burst into laughter. "No, no. Not at all. You just look so cute right now. You sure you don't need some tissue in case you cry later?"

Yoojung glared at Jieun.

Jieun reached into the side pocket of her bag. "Here, take this. You might need it later."

Jieun pulled out a packet of tissues, but a small piece of paper fell out from her bag as well.

"Jieun, you-" Yoojung turn to glare at Jieun, but instead, caught sight of the small piece of paper on the ground. Her eyes widened, and she bent down to pick up the piece of paper. "What's this?"

"What's that?" Jieun was equally curious. "Open it up."

Yoojung opened the piece of paper and a look of realisation spread across her face. "Ah... the blacklist Jennie gave you a while ago," she said, tossing it on Jieun's table. "You still kept it?"

It had been more than a month. Jieun had shoved it in her bag so long ago she had completely forgotten about it. She picked it up carefully, flattening it out on her table so that she could give it a good look.

"I didn't even look at it the first time..." Jieun scrutinised the paper carefully and Yoojung bent over to take a look as well. "Ah... they've left me alone from that day, so maybe I should just throw-"

Jieun was about to crumple the piece of paper, when Yoojung suddenly slammed her hand down. "Wait!"

Jieun backed away, startled. "Huh?"

Yoojung picked up the piece of paper, turning it and looking at it carefully. Her eyes widened as she scrutinised a certain portion of the paper carefully.

"What, Yoojung?" Jieun asked. "What's wrong?"

"Jieun..." Yoojung put down the paper slowly. She looked like she was in a state of shock and disbelief. "You might wanna take a look at this."

Jieun's eyes trailed where Yoojung's finger was pointing to. She squinted slightly and there on the paper, was a very familiar name...

"Lisa Manoban?" Jieun couldn't believe her own eyes. All this while, on the list of names Jennie had given her... She glanced at Yoojung, who was equally shocked. "Lisa was there that day?"

"Seems so..." Yoojung lifted the paper up to look at it one more time, because she couldn't believe what she saw.

Jieun frowned.

"This still isn't enough evidence that Lisa was the one who framed you... but we're getting there," Yoojung said quietly. "I'll get you out of this mess, Jieun. Don't worry."

"What are you planning to do?"

"We confront Lisa together after school."