Heart To Heart

"Oh- you're back," Taehyung said nonchalantly as Seokjin walked into his room later that night.

He had already been home from a while ago, after having a good dinner with Byulyi. Seokjin had sent Jisoo back home first, before going home.

"Mm," Seokjin muttered under his breath, throwng his body down onto Taehyung's bed.

"How was your date?" Taehyung asked nonchalantly, not taking his eyes off his computer game. "Fun?"

"Tiring," Seokjin said, closing his eyes.

Taehyung paused his game, turning to look at his brother. "Tiring, but fun?

"Fun" wasn't really the word for it. His dates with Jisoo were never really "fun".

"Well..." Seokjin didn't answer.

Taehyung removed his headphones from his neck, placing on his desk. He stood up, walked over and took a seat next to Seokjin. "What's wrong?"

Seokjin's eyes remained shut. He took a deep breath.

"Did you guys fight?"

Seokjin shook his head.

"Then what?"

Seokjin opened his eyes, pulling himself up to face Taehyung. He pursed his lips. "I saw you and Byulyi eating at that restaurant today."

Taehyung raised his eyebrows. "You did?"

"Mmhmm," Seokjin hesitated. He really didn't want to admit this... "I don't know why, but it really bothered me."

Of course it would, you fool. Taehyung tried not to smile. "Oh, it did?"

Seokjin sighed. "I know it shouldn't, too, but-"

"But you can't help it," Taehyung thought aloud.

"Huh?"

"I mean," Taehyung continued. "Do you know what this is?"

Seokjin thought for a while. It seemed like he knew what it was, but he just didn't want to admit...

"Jealousy," Taehyung said it for him. "It's jealousy, Seokjin. You're obviously jealous of Byulyi and me getting close."

"No way, I can't be-" Seokjin was still in denial.

"I've been watching you silently... but I can't take it anymore," Taehyung sighed. "I expected you to get it earlier, but you're too dense to even realise your true feelings on your own."

Seokjin stared blankly into space with his eyes wide open.

"Seokjin," Taehyung concluded. "You are jealous."

"Wait, wait, wait-" Seokjin's jaws dropped. "If I'm jealous of Byulyi, that means I-" He swallowed hard. "Means I-"

"Yup," Taehyung affirmed. "You... have feelings for Byulyi."

"I..." Seokjin closed his eyes and lay down on the bed once more. He didn't know how to feel. If what Taehyung said was true... and the person he really liked was Byulyi... what about Jisoo?

"Do you want my honest opinion?" Taehyung glanced at Seokjin, watching him carefully.

Seokjin didn't respond.

"I think... you never really had feelings for Jisoo," Taehyung concluded. "I feel like... you really rushed into that relationship without thinking about how you really felt."

"I don't even know myself," Seokjin sighed. "I... I don't know why it feels like to like someone. I felt really happy when Jisoo said she liked me... Is that not what how liking someone feels like?"

"Sure, you will probably feel happy when the person you like likes you back, but who doesn't want to be liked?" Taehyung paused for a while. "I mean, I think you will probably feel happy regardless of whether the person is the person you really like or not."

"Then what do I do now?" Seokjin sighed. "You're saying I'm in love with my best friend when I have a girlfriend whom I never really loved in the first place?"

"That's what I think," Taehyung shrugged. "But you have to search your heart - only you know what you truly feel, Seokjin. It's hard to figure out, but I hope you can settle it well."

"But... how do you know though?" Seokjin looked up. "You only liked one girl for so long... And your life literally revolved around her - every time she broke up or got attached, your emotions changed accordingly - like a roller coaster. How do you know what it's like to truly like someone if you've only ever liked one person?"

"I know right," Taehyung sighed. "Who am I to tell you all this when I myself am so confused about my own feelings."

"Confused? About who?"

"Just someone," Taehyung shrugged, letting out another deep sigh. "I was in a rough patch just a while ago because of Jennie - and the person who gave me so much support this whole time... I don't know if I truly like her, or she's just like... a 'rebound'."

Seokjin raised his eyebrows. "Jieun?"

Taehyung didn't deny it. "I'm confused, too. If I really like her... what am I gonna do?"