The Next Morning, Pt. 2

"Urgh-" Byulyi groaned as she propped herself up on an elbow, squinting her eyes as she tried to open them slowly. "Ow!" She felt a sharp pain pulsing through her head and her hand instinctively went to it, as she fell back down onto the bed, trying to ease the throbbing pain.

Where was she?

She opened her eyes slowly once more, trying to get them adjusted to the sunlight. It wasn't long before she recognised where she was - it was Seokjin's living room.

She hadn't been here in ages, yet nothing much about the house had changed. A few new photo frames on the counter top, the curtains had a different design now and the dining table's centrepiece had changed. But that was it, everything was just the way it was. Like nothing had even changed.

Byulyi got up slowly, clutching her head as she did so. It was only then that she realised that it was Seokjin's sweater and a knitted blanket that was tucked nicely over her, that kept her warm the entire night.

But why was she here?

Byulyi frowned, staring at the blanket she now grabbed in her hands, thinking hard about what had happened last night. She had come to the party, seen Seokjin seating next to Byulyi, ended up sitting next to him, chugged glass after glass of alcohol, and blacked out.

Everything that happened after that was a blur.

She vaguely remembered passing out on Hoseok's floor, Hoseok muttering something like "what a mess" as he picked stuff up from the floor around her, being carried on someone's back, being thrown down on a bench, talking to the person who carried her-

Seokjin.

Everything fit together like a puzzle in Byulyi's mind. Seokjin must have carried her home after the party... but why? What about Jisoo? And why did he carry her here, instead of bringing her home?

Byulyi frowned, trying to recall some more.

She looked around for anything that would jolt her memory. She remembered having a glimpse of brown and light brown hair. From this exact angle, two people were talking to each other. Their faces weren't clear, but judging from their hair colour, there was no doubt that they were the Kim brothers.

Byulyi surprised even herself with how much she could remember.

She couldn't exactly recall what they spoke about. All she knew was that they were speaking in hushed voices, and everything sounded muffled to her. A while later, Taehyung walked off... and Seokjin stayed next to her.

Byulyi closed her eyes, trying to remember more.

Seokjin stayed by her side for a long time. Byulyi wasn't sure if it was because of the influence of alcohol, but to her it felt like he stayed there for at least half an hour. He wasn't saying anything, nothing that she could remember, but he was just sitting on the floor by her side, just watching her in her sleep.

Then finally, he got up.

And he kissed her on the forehead.

Byulyi's eyes widened. Did she remember wrongly? Seokjin kissed her? In her sleep?

No, there was no doubt about it. Byulyi had a bad history with alcohol, always blacking out after one or two drinks, but there was no doubt about her abulity to remember things.

Whether he meant anything by that kiss, Byulyi didn't know. But she was dead sure that he did it. He kissed her.

She bit her lower lip anxiously. Why though? Why would he kiss her? Did something happen between them last night that she couldn't even recall? Was this all... somehow related to Jisoo?

At that very moment, Byulyi's thoughts were cut short, because into the room came Seokjin, his hair damp from a shower and a towel hanging around his neck. He froze when he saw Byulyi, sitting up on the sofa, staring at him with a blank expression on her face.

"Oh, you're awake."