Wedding Bells, Pt. 4

"Sorry, I need to go to the toilet for a bit-"

That was all Byulyi said before she left the room - after Jisoo had said what she had said.

Yoojung and Jieun stood up in a frenzy, knowing that Byulyi would have been affected by what Jisoo said but not knowing that it would affect her this badly.

"Um- I need to go to the toilet too-" Jieun randomly said as she ran out of the door after Byulyi.

"There's a toilet in my room-" Jisoo began. "Ah, never mind."

Yoojung frowned, watching her closely.

Jisoo looked up at Yoojung and smiled. "Wow, your eye make-up is pretty."

Jisoo was acting as if nothing had happened at all. She looked perfectly fine, almost too fine. Obviously something was up with Byulyi, but she didn't seem to notice, or care.

"Jisoo..."

"You want me to help you do your lips?" Jisoo smiled even wider. "I'm good at that, too."

"Jisoo-"

"Why? You don't want that?" Jisoo laughed. "Well, I guess you might want Jieun to do that for you too-"

"Jisoo." Yoojung said, slightly louder.

"Hm?" Jisoo finally responded.

"Don't pretend as if nothing happened," Yoojung said cautiously. "You know what's going on, don't you?"

"What's going on?" Jisoo asked with an innocent smile, as she busied herself with tidying up her make-up box.

"You know it," Yoojung bit her lower lip. "You're just pretending not to care."

"Pretending not to care about what?" Jisoo laughed, but her voice cracked slightly, and it was evident that she was trying to hide her true emotions.

"You..." Yoojung really hated what she was about to say. "You... said that on purpose right? About Seokjin kissing you?"

"What?" Jisoo's smile faded slightly but she smiled again, trying not to make it seem obvious. "What are you talking about? Am I not allowed to share my love life with you guys? I thought we were friends?"

"Jisoo..." Yoojung frowned. "I know you and Seokjin are on good terms and surely, there's no problem sharing details about your relationship... But-" Yoojung swallowed hard. "I hope I'm wrong to think that you said that purposely for someone to hear-"

Silence from Jisoo.

Yoojung furrowed her eyebrows. Maybe she really didn't mean it? After all, she had been pretty nice to Byulyi all day, maybe she was really that clueless about how Byulyi felt-

"Fine," Jisoo finally dropped her act. "I did it on purpose. So what?"

"Jisoo!" Yoojung's jaws dropped.

"Is it my fault?" Jisoo said, the area around her eyes turning bright red. She was fighting back tears. "It's my boyfriend we're talking about - am I gonna let him go just because someone else likes him?"

Yoojung bit her lower lip. She didn't expect things to turn out this way. And right now, Jisoo looked really scary. It was a side of her that Yoojung - and probably no one else - had never seen before. She really wasn't her usual self. "Jisoo, wait-"

"I don't know what you're trying to get at, Yoojung," Jisoo swallowed hard. "And I don't know if it is simply because you're close to Byulyi, that's why you're speaking up for her... I don't even care if you think I'm a horrid person." Jisoo took a deep uneasy breath. "But I'm gonna keep Seokjin by my side... regardless of whatever it takes."

"Jisoo, but you must know how it must hurt for her!" Yoojung retorted. "Imagine having feelings for someone who's taken - it can't be easy! She can't control her feelings... I'm not asking you to give him up for her, just please - don't hurt her by saying those things-"

"She asked for it," Jisoo said heartlessly, standing up from her bed. "I gave her a chance, but she missed it. Now he's mine, and I'm not gonna let her have a chance at slipping between the two of us. Goodbye, Yoojung. I'm gonna check on Byulyi now and pretend this conversation never happened."

With that, Jisoo stood up and walked out of the room, leaving Yoojung sitting on the floor, with a face of pure shock and bewilderment.