The Party, Pt. 10

"Guys, guys, guys! Get yourselves together! We still have more games to play!" Hoseok yelled.

But everyone was sick of the games. They were all drinking alcohol even without playing drinking games and half the room of Hoseok's close friends were all laying on the ground, all looking extremely tipsy.

"Urgh! You guys!" Hoseok shouted exasperatedly. "This is my party..."

"Are they gonna be okay?" Yoojung peered towards the door, with a small little frown on her face. "They've been out there for like... forever."

"Yoojung," Jimin laughed, taking her hand in his. "They've literally only been out there for two minutes."

"What do you think they're talking about, though?" Jieun looked almost as concerned as Yoojung was. She glanced at Taehyung. "You know something about them, don't you?"

"Well-" Taehyung shrugged. "That depends."

"Depends on what?" Yoojung asked curiously.

"Depends on what Jisoo decides to do," Taehyung leaned back against a nearby wall, closing his eyes briefly. "Don't worry about them..."

Jieun peered at Yoojung, flashing her a worried frown. Yoojung frowned back empathetically, resting her head on Jimin's shoulder.

Jieun leaned back against the wall right next to Taehyung. She glanced across the room at Hoseok who was taking care of Byulyi who was practically wasted. She closed her eyes as well and let out a long sigh.

She thought the party was going to take her mind of things, be an opportunity for her to destress after a long eventful semester - her very first semester in Gangnam High School. But as it turned out, it only gave her more problems.

First, was the mini heart-attack when Taehyung had pulled that prank on her by joking that she was his crush. Then, Byulyi came in and they started asking her weird questions literally only people with no brains would ask. Not long after, Jisoo asked Seokjin to talk to her outside for who knows what reason.

And worst of all...

Jieun's eyes fluttered open, and she turned her head, landing her eyes on Jungkook who was leaning his head against the wall right next to her.

She was still awfully confused about what Jungkook was thinking.

Jungkook turned his head at that moment, making direct eye contact with her. He raised his eyebrows when he realised that Jieun was looking at him, and Jieun hurriedly looked away, as if she was caught stealing a peek at him.

She wasn't, though?

She turned to look at Jungkook once more, only to realise that he was still looking at her with those big round eyes of his. She always found herself staring into his eyes every so often in class, but never at such a close proximity. This time... their eyes were literally only limited by the distance spanned by their shoulders... and Jieun found herself lost in his eyes.

"You wanna..." Jungkook said all of a sudden, as he pursed his lips. "Go somewhere and talk?"

Jieun raised her eyebrows. All of a sudden?

"Well..." Jungkook continued, scanning the living room. "It's kinda noisy in here, I wanna get out."

Jieun glanced around the room. There was Hoseok, giving Byulyi water to drink and making sure everyone was alright; Hoseok's close friends like Daniel and Seongwoo just chilling with some beers, looking half-drunk; Yoojung and Jimin, looking like two lovebirds, chatting with each other and lastly, Taehyung, who looked like he was fast asleep. And Jungkook was right - it was kinda noisy.

"Where?" Jieun turned back to look at Jungkook, who was examining his hands.

He looked up. "Hm?"

"You said you wanna get out," Jieun continued. "Where to?"

"I was thinking..." Jungkook scanned the room and his eyes fell on a corridor leading to the kitchen. "I was thinking, the kitchen."

"The kitchen?" Jieun laughed. "That's random."

"I'm random like that..." Jungkook got to his feet, offering a hand to Jieun as he grinned at her. "Sometimes."

Jieun looked at his hand, then back up at Jungkook. There he was again. Doing such things that... misled her. Was he lying when he said he had never had a girlfriend before? Because he was awfully gentlemanly, he seemed really experienced. In fact... maybe he was playing her all this while...

"It's alright," Jieun propped herself up with support from the wall. She smiled at Jungkook. "Let's go."

Jungkook frowned as he watched Jieun make her way towards the kitchen without him, his hand left hanging in the air. He brought it down a while later as he followed after her towards the kitchen, but a puzzled look was still plastered across his face.

As their footsteps could no longer be heard, Taehyung opened his eyes, with an expression that was impossible to read.