Confessions, Pt. 2

"I'm ridiculous?" Taehyung laughed, forgetting momentarily that he was sitting next to his crush. "You must be kidding, both of you have been acting weird all day."

"No, we haven't-"

"Oh, yes- you guys have, Jimin," Jieun piped in. "Every time we ask you guys something, you guys keep laughing nervously and when you accidentally make eye contact with each other you look away immediately. What's wrong?"

"What?" Jimin laughed awkwardly, glancing at Yoojung then looking away immediately. "No we don't!"

"See - you just did it again!" Taehyung pointed at the two of them. "You both have awfully flushed cheeks - did something happen yesterday at prom?"

"No, nothing!" Jimin laughed. "Stop it, there's really nothing."

"If only you guys could watch yourselves on camera," Taehyung sighed. "I wish I could film you guys right now."

"People would think you're dating secretly or something," Jungkook commented nonchalantly.

Jimin simultaneously choked and coughed out all the soup in his mouth.

"Aha!" Taehyung's eyes lit up, jumping in his seat whilst pointing at the two of them as Yoojung pulled out a piece of tissue and passed it to Jimin. "I knew it! You two are dating aren't you, you better 'fess up!"

"Us?" Jimin laughed, pushing Yoojung's hands off him immediately. "Please. We aren't. If I said you and Jieun were dating, you'd totally cough up all the soup in your mouth as well."

In contrary, it was Jungkook's turn to cough up all the soup in his mouth. All of them turned to stare at Jungkook absurdly, but he waved his hand, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "Just went down the wrong pipe."

Taehyung turned his attention back to Yoojung and Jimin. "Spill it."

Jimin glanced at Yoojung who wasn't saying a word. "You tell him, tell him we aren't dating!"

"So?" Taehyung probed.

Yoojung pursed her lips, as the four of them watched on carefully.

"Well..." Yoojung turned to look at Jimin, nervously biting at her lower lip. "Fine, I- well, Jimin and I- um... we're dating."

Jimin's jaw fell to the ground. "What? Yoojung you said you-"

"I knew it! I knew it!" Taehyung jumped up from his seat, punching his fists in the air. "I totally called it! Oh my god, I knew I saw you two holding hands outside the ballroom last night!"

Jungkook didn't say a word, but he smiled subtly as he continued eating.

Jieun was overjoyed. She grabbed Yoojung's hands in hers, smiling from ear to ear. "Oh my goodness, Yoojung! This is amazing, but why didn't you guys tell us earlier?"

"Well..." Yoojung glanced at a still flabbergasted Jimin. "It only happened last night, so we didn't keep it from you guys that long. But Jimin wanted to tell you guys immediately... I just kind of freaked out."

"Freaked out?" Taehyung sat back down in his seat, trying to calm himself down. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, to be really honest," Yoojung frowned. "Perhaps it's the pressure of being in F5, with so much attention given to us. I'm afraid people might not like us together... and they'd want us to break up."

"That's fair," Taehyung shrugged. "But what about us? You don't think we'd be able to keep this secret for you two?"

"It's not that..." Yoojung pursed her lips, letting go of Jieun's hands and placing them on her lap, looking down at them sadly. "It's just- well, I guess the attention from others is not the only reason. I kinda don't know how we should act around you guys? Like as a couple? Or as friends? I don't know, I've never dated before, and it's kinda new to me, so-"

"I get that," Jieun sighed. That applied to her as well. If she and Jungkook really dated-

"Nah, I don't get it," Taehyung scoffed. "Just act like a couple in front of us! We totally don't mind, do we?"

Jungkook and Jieun shook their heads.

It was just a simple sentence Taehyung had blurted out in that moment in support of his two best friends becoming a couple, but unbeknownst to him, he would regret what he had just said within a week from then.

In fact, at that very moment, under the table, out of everyone's sight, Jimin and Yoojung already had their fingers intertwined, as they exchanged happy, contented smiles.