Prom Dates, Pt. 3

"Class, so have you decided on the groupings for prom?" Mr Kim walked into class later that day, holding a clipboard in his hands.

"Sir, you can go on ten honeymoons and I'd still not have a prom date," Hoseok shouted from the back of the class.

"Anyone hear something?" Mr Kim joked.

"Come to think of it," Hoseok stood up. "Why aren't you on your honeymoon?"

The class nodded in agreement.

"I postponed it for your sake," Mr Kim lamented. "After your finals, we're going."

"Aww..."

"Okay," Mr Kim laughed. "So if I'm passing this clipboard down. Please write down the names of the ten people who are going together in one column, alright? Meanwhile, try to focus on my lesson if the clipboard hasn't come to you."

Mr Kim passed the clipboard to Minhyun, who passed it around. The class took their time with it, as Mr Kim began his lesson.

The clipboard soon came to Jisoo and Seokjin's row. They hadn't spoken in... three days. It was really starting to get awkward.

Jisoo took the clipboard over from Jennie and looked at its current state.

TABLE 1

hwang minhyun & kim sejeong oof what a power couple GET LOST
Heeyeon - Jackson!! :-)
daniel + chungha
(feel free to add yr names 2 our table if u want! :-) we r an inclusive society - chungha)
JISUNG - SOHYE
jaehwan! (hmu ladies)

TABLE 2

taehyung & jennie 💕 (yoojung bb pls join my table i will shower u with tons of hugs and kisses)

Jisoo turned to look at Seokjin. He was, as usual, not paying attention to her. He was in his own world.

"You going?" Jisoo finally said.

"Huh?"

The first conversation they had in three days.

"Are you... going to prom?" Jisoo repeated. It was awkward making eye contact with him after not talking for days.

"Mm," Seokjin hesitated. "I'll pass."

Jisoo stared at him blankly for a few seconds.

"Oh," She tried not to show her disappointment, pretending like it wasn't a big deal. "Okay, then."

Jisoo paused to think, then wrote her name down beside Jaehwan's. She turned to look at Seokjin, but he had no response.

She frowned slightly, but passed on the clipboard to Taehyung, who took a brief glance at it then passed it to Jimin next to him. Jimin glanced at Doyeon, who was pointing at Jennie, and nodded. He wrote down his and her name quickly under Jennie's then handed it to Hoseok.

"Urgh, this is depressing," Hoseok muttered under his breath. "The first prom we have, I have to like... not go. This is- wait-" Hoseok turned to his right, where Byulyi was busy copying down notes from the board. "You aren't going?"

"Um..." Byulyi barely looked at him. "No time."

"Nonsense," Hoseok grinned. "More like no date. Please, Byulyi. Go with me?"

"You?" Byulyi looked at him for a while.

Hoseok blinked.

"Why would I?"

"We've been deskies for a while now, won't it be nice to go together?" Hoseok asked excitedly. "Then we both get a chance to go for the very first prom. Even if you don't wanna go, for my sake please-"

"So it's like charity work?" Byulyi joked.

"Well, if you see it that way," Hoseok shrugged. "Call?"

"Fine," Byulyi agreed.

"You're the best," Hoseok beamed as he penned down their names under Jimin and Doyeon's. "Jimin, do you mind?"

"Huh?" Jimin, who was still in a daze turned around. "You talking to me?"

"Yeah," Hoseok pointed at his name. "Do you mind us sharing tables or like-"

"I don't mind," Jimin said nonchalantly.

"Great, great," Hoseok smiled. "Help me pass this to Yoojung, please."

"Yoojung," Jimin called her name, but saying it felt awkward.

Yoojung turned around, making immediate eye contact with Jimin, but looking away in a split second after taking the clipboard from him. She looked at the list carefully.

TABLE 1

hwang minhyun & kim sejeong oof what a power couple GET LOST get lost in your eyes? ;)
Heeyeon - Jackson!! :-)
daniel + chungha
(feel free to add yr names 2 our table if u want! :-) we r an inclusive society - chungha)
JISUNG - SOHYE
jaehwan! (hmu ladies) - jisoo

TABLE 2

jennie 💕 & taehyung (yoojung bb pls join my table i will shower u with tons of hugs and kisses)
jimin and doyeon
HOSEOK&BYULYI

She was going to be at the same table as Jimin, yet again. She hated the idea of it, but she had no choice. She glanced at a sleeping Yoongi, before writing their names down.

"Jieun," Yoojung called Jieun, before placing the clipboard on her table. Jieun and Jungkook were the last of the last.

Jieun took the clipboard in her hands. She glanced at Jungkook, whom she hadn't said much to since the day he taught her that mini lesson. She wasn't upset or anything, it was just awkward to suddenly talk again, not to mention bring up the topic of prom.

Jungkook made eye contact with her, raising his eyebrows, as if asking her what she was going to do.

She picked up her pen and wrote.

jieun & jungkook